BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Touring Canada
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the ignorance - what the heck is "Alpina" mean on the back of a 540it, Im looking to buy a touring and came across this.

thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
Alpina is a high end BMW tuner. That badge however has no reason to be on that car. The thing is full of stock goodies and some aftermarket stuff, but the joker decided it would be cool to put a badge on it.:thumbdwn:That car has not been touched by Alpina.

I bought a mercedes out of Toronto, had lorinser badges all over it, whats with those people lol.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,211 Posts
Alpina is the top European BMW tuner & supplier of performance, suspension, and cosmetic goodies (kind of the same relationship AMG has with M-B) Google "Alpina B7" for an idea of what they do....

·
Registered
442 Posts
Curious to the real Alpinas. when you register them, and fill in information, are they considered a bmw or an alpina? Alpina is not really an in house tuning firm like M's, and amg's to benz'. Yet you register those cars as m6s vs 6 series or c63 vs c class etc. But are alpinas and brabus, and others tuner models considered a "new" car even tho they were already branded originally as something else?

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts

·
Touring Canada
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks - what a wealth of info and helpful people :)

·
Wrenchin' fool ...
777 Posts
That's a clean touring ... I have one in the same colors.

Extremely rare sport touring wagon. One of only a handfull in Canada. Fully loaded with all possible BMW options. Koni adjustable suspension, crossed drilled rotors, BMW original M spoke rims.Alpine DVD with dual screens in head rests, Bazooka subwoofer, Angel eyes xenon headlights , Absolutely flawless condition.
All for $8,600 ... If it was a manual transmission ... would be brother car to mine. :)

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
chong188,

The registration depends on the VIN plate. If it still says "BMW", witha BMW serial number, it's still a BMW.

Carroll Shelby modified the early Mustangs, and the car actually carried a Shelby American VIN plate. The Ford plate was removed, and the car was retitled as a Shelby Ford Mustang. Mine had the s/n SFM6S224. The Ford plate was gone, but the Ford VIN was stamped into the top of the left side inner fender.

·
Touring Canada
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HAVE YOU STUCK WITH STOCK POWER OR UPGRADED..... Im wondering if I will l feel jipped if I buy a 528 it..... on the power side of things....

That's a clean touring ... I have one in the same colors.

All for $8,600 ... If it was a manual transmission ... would be brother car to mine. :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
HAVE YOU STUCK WITH STOCK POWER OR UPGRADED..... Im wondering if I will l feel jipped if I buy a 528 it..... on the power side of things....
the 528 and 530 guys will say the 528 you'e looking at has the best fuel economy but once you drive the 540, you won't settle for less.

·
Touring Canada
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too late

I hear ya - I drove a 540 on the way home and it would be very hard to push the gas peddle on the 525 or 528 on then not get the same response - silly boys and our toys, Im feeling the 5640 coming on - still shopping and waiting for the dfeal combo great cond & price, patience will pay off.

the 528 and 530 guys will say the 528 you'e looking at has the best fuel economy but once you drive the 540, you won't settle for less.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts