BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
<----MY girl....
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about putting the alpina roundel on the front, back, and steering wheel of my baby...and in this case...i WANT to be flamed if thats just stupid. i just love the way the logo looks, and yes i have a mind of my own, and yes i do what i want to my car so dont flame me for asking opinions (not saying most do, but it does happen, but whatever). i just wanna know if you guys think that would be rediculous seeing as how i do not have an alpina b-whatever. that being said, the reason besides the amazing logo is that i just love the old alpina-tuned bmw's and kind of want to give creedence to that. thoughts?

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
My honest opinion is that you never badge a car to make it incorrect. I like the look, too, but if the only Alpina you have on the car is the roundel, then I'm not so much for it. Put some of the Alpina package on the car and you're fine, in my opinion.

·
<----MY girl....
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess i can look at it the same way as when people put ///m badges on their cars when they arent ///m spec. i HATE that...so i guess it would be a bit hypocritical

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Guys, excuse my ignorance, but whats ALPINA??

·
old people=roadkill
417 Posts
+1
don't try to make out your car is something else be proud of what it is

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
get alpina wheels and your badges will fit match ok. :)

this is the b3. I think the kit is ugly but wheels are kinda nice, but im still selling them... :p

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
^That's what I was just thinking.

I see people with the Type-R badge's on their Civic EX's, ///M badges on 318's, etc, and just laugh.

Let me ask you a question: Is your car fully tuned by Alpina?
If yes, go for it.
If no, what the hell are you thinking?!

Lol. Not to be harsh, but I hate that kinda thing. You have a gorgeous car man, be happy with it!

·
<----MY girl....
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, thanks chad...i know what you mean. for some reason i just didnt see it as the whole "false-labeling" thing that i hate so much, because one...most people dont know what alpina is, and i wanted to get some alpina-tuned stuff for my car before i put it on...i didnt clarify that earlier, actually. no, my car will not ever be an alpina b3...cus thats not what it is.
and im proud of that...i love this car to death..
i just wanted to use products that would make it somewhat alpina-tuned, such as the chip, and other performance parts. i dont want to make my baby into something shes not
it was just a quick thought about giving my car something that very few (at least around my area) have. i know you guys understand, but ive come to the conclusion that until i buy a b3...i wont be driving around in anything but a bmw...and that...still makes me proud :)

·
old people=roadkill
417 Posts
yeah, thanks chad...i know what you mean. for some reason i just didnt see it as the whole "false-labeling" thing that i hate so much, because one...most people dont know what alpina is, and i wanted to get some alpina-tuned stuff for my car before i put it on...i didnt clarify that earlier, actually. no, my car will not ever be an alpina b3...cus thats not what it is.
and im proud of that...i love this car to death..
i just wanted to use products that would make it somewhat alpina-tuned, such as the chip, and other performance parts. i dont want to make my baby into something shes not
it was just a quick thought about giving my car something that very few (at least around my area) have. i know you guys understand, but ive come to the conclusion that until i buy a b3...i wont be driving around in anything but a bmw...and that...still makes me proud :)
retract my statement earlier
it is your car and you know how you want it to look
hope we get some pics when its done

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
If you put on some Alpina performance parts (no, a shift knob doesn't count...lol) then go for it buddy. But putting it on as the car is now, no way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts