BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinkin about taking out my OEM cd changer and replacing it with the Apline changer. I think having and mp3 changer would be SO much more convenient since the changer is in the back. How hard it would be to do the change? Is it an easy DIY project? Would i get playlists/folder contents on the nav scrn? Thanks.h

·
Registered
185 Posts
vinu_neuro said:
Im thinkin about taking out my OEM cd changer and replacing it with the Apline changer. I think having and mp3 changer would be SO much more convenient since the changer is in the back. How hard it would be to do the change? Is it an easy DIY project? Would i get playlists/folder contents on the nav scrn? Thanks.h
Very easy to do. Here was my experience.

No playlists but a simple and basic way to get MP3's to play through the stock setup.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't think the link in TommyX's post works, but here's what you need. What you will need is either a Blitzsafe or Soundgate Adapter adapter and the Alpine M-Bus to AiNet cable (KCA-130B -- see pic and link below). Remove the OEM CD changer and plug the 3-pin and 6-pin wires to the Blitzsafe or Soundgate adapter. Plug the Alpine cable to one end of the adapter and the other end to the Alpine CD changer.

You should be to control the new Alpine changer from the steering wheel. It seems to take longer to change songs/tracks. It will only display the folder name and song track (no text) and can only display 99 tracks. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Blitzsafe Adapter for Alpine changer
Alpine KCA-130B Cable
Soundgate (www.soundgate.com)

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Does it work with DSP???

I have read everywhere that this will not work with DSP. Has this changed or is it still the case. I have a 2005 with DSP and NAV.

Thanks

·
Member of the ® club
1,285 Posts
jonnywad said:
I have read everywhere that this will not work with DSP. Has this changed or is it still the case. I have a 2005 with DSP and NAV.

Thanks
They make adaptors that work with DSP.

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time or money these days trying to make a CD-based system work. Get an iPod and check out the Dension IceLink Plus. A much better investment of your $$, IMHO.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Child

Those of you who keep you mouth shut on stuff like this most of the time, like me, please do not be offended.

Whichever one of you mods xxxx'd out the links to another forum, you have truly shown your immaturity and spite. There are links to hundreds of other sites on this board but now all of a sudden the words "xfive world dot com" are considered banned or otherwise unacceptable language. A board that has been a good brother to BF users is now banned? Gimme a break you jealous whiney kids. Grow up and get over your envy. Now we see exactly what you are. I am ashamed to say I share the same interests with people that act this way. Some of you dudes have some really small wieners. I just can't come up with any other reason you would act like such a prick.

I am amazed that adults are behaving like this. You'll probably react by deleting my post.

Enjoy your cute little club. ;)

·
Banned
32 Posts
Jon said:
That a$$hole would be me.

You guys are welcomed to post here, but not if every post you make has a link to your new forum.
Yep. You are.

10,000 links to other addresses on the WWW are ok, but not to the site that has been a good brother to this one. Geeez.

You dudes need to grow up and do something about the small penis issues.

·
Keyser Souze lives!
257 Posts
Jon said:
That a$$hole would be me.

You guys are welcomed to post here, but not if every post you make has a link to your new forum.
Jon,

I say this with all due respect, because I can imagine how much work, much of it thankless, that goes into running a site like BF, and dealing with all of the problems that arise from time to time. But I truly believe you need to take a step back and take a look at what is going on here. A search of the archives in the X forums might also be of help to you.

Prior to last week, if someone asked a question about installing a CD changer in the X5, and the response sent them to that unnamed resource to get the answer to their quesiton, and many other questions, would you have cared? I would venture to guess you would have been happy, because your user got his or her answer, found a great resource, and will end up coming back to BF because it was the place that helped them to find their answer. Why should things be different this week for people who post X5 CD changer related questions?

I appreciate and respect the fact that you have advertisers and don't want to send traffic to another message board. But I think you are going to have to rethink this blocking of the name of this unnamed resource, because it is going to get out despite your best efforts to the contrary, and in the process, you are going to look foolish and will annoy enough people, like me and scores of others, who can't and won't be bothered with this sillyness in the future.

I will continue hanging out in the BF X5 forums to help other owners get the same great info I have received from this forum, RF and that other unnamed resource. I truly hope you, the other admins and BF old-timers, as well as the RF Refugees as we are sometimes referred to, can get past this petty bickering and move on to talking about our BMWs. That's why we are all here.

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Jon - This is a great way to start another fight. Of course, we, the "Refugees" will lose again. Just like any other battles that we had fought in the past. However, my posts were not meant to stir up things or create conflicts on your site, but rather, there were meant to help a fellow who needs some info for his beloved X5.

Stop acting like a child. It will only hurt you in the long run. You should know that. Be civilized. Be smart.

Like they said, it's not what you know. It's whom you know.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
ncX5 said:
Yep. You are.

10,000 links to other addresses on the WWW are ok, but not to the site that has been a good brother to this one. Geeez.

You dudes need to grow up and do something about the small penis issues.
Thanks for your kind words.

Yes, a lot of links are being posted here, but the way that the new link is being used is an attempt to use Bimmerfest as a stepping stone to route the incoming traffic to the new forum.

This is called SPAM in newsgroups. If you are answering to posts with different topics by including the same link to another board (and this in each post), this is considered as SPAM. You are using the traffic here to create a user base in another bulletin board. This is SPAM.

Sorry, but we don't tolerate this here. You are all welcome to use this board to exchange information, but constant SPAMming will be deleted and filtered out. You may call it censorship, dictatorship or whatever, but this is a no-no.

Best Regards

·
Registered
525 Posts
Alex Baumann said:

Yes, a lot of links are being posted here, but the way that the new link is being used is an attempt to use Bimmerfest as a stepping stone to route the incoming traffic to the new forum.

This is called SPAM in newsgroups. If you are answering to posts with different topics by including the same link to another board (and this in each post), this is considered as SPAM. You are using the traffic here to create a user base in another bulletin board. This is SPAM.

Sorry, but we don't tolerate this here. You are all welcome to use this board to exchange information, but constant SPAMming will be deleted and filtered out. You may call it censorship, dictatorship or whatever, but this is a no-no.

Best Regards
No, these are not SPAM and we don't need to lure your members away from your board to our board. They will find us I can guarantee you that. They will.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
IFlyX5 said:
No, these are not SPAM and we don't need to lure your members away from your board to our board. They will find us I can guarantee you that. They will.
I have no problem with it. I hope they will, but not via Bimmerfest.

·
Member of the ® club
1,285 Posts
Alex Baumann said:

Best Regards
Jon and Alex - Please know that I am not asking for, nor encouraging anyone to SPAM anyone's board. I invite you to take a close look at the link that was provided to the original post - http://www.x 5 w o r l d . c o m/alpinecdmp3.htm (remove the spaces, of course) and point out what is offensive about it. It is information and information only. Heck, there's not even a link on that page back to the main board.

I'm not here to tell you how to run your shop. It's your sandbox and you make the rules. I'm still planning to keep bimmerfest as one of my visited destinations on the net, and as others have noted, I'll also try to help offer solutions to questions that are asked.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Alex Baumann said:
I have no problem with it. I hope they will, but not via Bimmerfest.
If you have no problem with it then Zip it and let the whole thing die down. Take it from an old guy. JUST KEEP QUIET AND THE WHOLE THING WILL DIE.

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
UCrewX5 said:
Jon and Alex - Please know that I am not asking for, nor encouraging anyone to SPAM anyone's board. I invite you to take a close look at the link that was provided to the original post - http://www.x 5 w o r l d . c o m/alpinecdmp3.htm (remove the spaces, of course) and point out what is offensive about it. It is information and information only. Heck, there's not even a link on that page back to the main board.

I'm not here to tell you how to run your shop. It's your sandbox and you make the rules. I'm still planning to keep bimmerfest as one of my visited destinations on the net, and as others have noted, I'll also try to help offer solutions to questions that are asked.
I'm religiously sending people to your site, when I see Bluetooth questions, because it is unarguably one of the best source of information I've seen so far.

I'm reading your board from time to time, as I've said above, I have no problem with it.

But the way it's been practiced lately, it was a spam.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,590 Posts
UCrewX5 said:

That's good Jeff, because I have been counting on your word and
integrity that Bimmerfest now wouldn't become a springboard for the
launch of your forums. That's certainly not why we are here. If your
principals can or will refrain from slinging insults and spamming this
forum, then I will lift the censorship of the URL.

It's all up to you and the band of Refugees that I have gone out of my
way to accomodate and embrace without much of anything in return
other than a major headache.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.