Votes: 64 39.5%
  • Titanium Silver Metallic

Votes: 29 17.9%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was planning on an Alpine White 535i but recently my color preference is waning with much criticism from friends over choosing the Alpine White color, to my surprise. I didn't realize people had an issue with white cars?? Being confident in my own choices and what looks great to me aside, for posterity's sake, which of these three colors do you great enthusiasts prefer?

Alpine White

Space Gray

Titanium Silver

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I ordered a Space Gray but recently saw a Titanium Silver M Sport and it looked awesome. If I did not have a silver 530i, I would reconsider the Space Gray.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Of the three choices, I prefer the Alpine White.
I ordered Cashmere Silver.

This car looks good in all the colors. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I just picked up my Space Gray this weekend. I went from a titanium silver 328 and love the color.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just purchased cashmere silver 535xi/beige leather. Have owned titanium silver 528xi, space gray 528i, titanium silver 528i and delphin gray 525. The cashmere silver is beautiful and not a color seen coming at you from every corner.

·
Drink More Wine!
242 Posts
My X5 is Titanium Silver and it's a great color. Hides dirt and dings really well. I ordered my 550 in Carbon Black but a guy down the street has a new 535 in Alpine White. The car looks really classy and would be my first choice of the three you listed. I have no idea what "issue" your friends have with white cars.:dunno:

·
Familienwappen
918 Posts
While having just got a Space Gray myself, I second guessed myself up to and through the order. But after having seen the pics of dunderhi's and leslierc's 550i & 750i xdrives respectively in AW that's the way to go. AW also looks great no matter what interior you put in, Venetian, Oyster, Black or Cinnamon. Enjoy the new car.

·
Diver624
504 Posts
Mine is Alpine White which i love however if your ordering the M package I think it looks better in a dark color which is why i didn't get it.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
My top colour choices would be Alpine White or (after seeing pictures of Judyg's new 5 Series) Space Gray. My choice for the 7 had been Graphite until I saw my car on the dealer's lot. I like the contrast that Alpine White offers with the MSport package. Space gray is just a "classic" BMW colour in my opinion.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I like all the color choices but voted for titanium because side by side, the longer after you last washed it, the better titanium looks ;)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Aw

I have an alpine white MSport 550i somewhere on the water in mid atlantic right now.

Chose this after succession of metallic colors. White is the new black :), think it enhances the MSport aerodynamic pkg. AND is easy to keep looking good.

Love the space grey, had this (was called silver/gray) on my 2005 545i, and really liked how it brought out the flame surfaces of that car.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I had space gray on my E60. It was a great color-- no need to keep it clean, you couldn't see the dirt!

There are, however, zillions of BMWs out here in central CA in space gray. I think it's more common than any other, including black. Everyone admired the color and just about every non-bmw in CA is silver. There aren't that many white cars around here, for whatever reason.

I've always been partial to blue cars, and I wanted something different with my f10, so...

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
Space Gray. Titanium and White are too light to show the cars curves. These light colors hide the beauty. Space Gray does not.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Actually, while I chose the cashmere silver, I also love this vehicle in any color and wish I had one in each. I don't think you can go wrong with this vehicle regardless of the color of your choice. Feel fortunate that you can own one.

·
Premium Member
2018 540i MSport
8,953 Posts
I've had two white cars and liked them. However I'm not as crazy about it as I once was, maybe because now I've had 3 black BMW's. There are way too many silvers out there, I think Space Gray is a nice medium gray compromise. Silver family but a bit more sophistication, IMO. As others have said though, you can't go wrong with (almost) any color. Oh, and white will never replace black as "the" color, IMO.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Color choices for BMWs are pretty simple ...... they look good in white or black.

Well then there is Black Sapphire Metallic, Jet Black, maybe Imperial Blue ....

At least there is only one white, Alpine White.

AW wears like iron and looks classy.

Black is classy too.

Yep .... its a black or white choice ....... ummm ..... maybe if they offered Imola Red ......??? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
During our factory tour at the Welt, our guide asked us about the colors of our cars. He said red cars were for guys who wished they could afford a Ferrari, and silver cars were for guys who wanted an Audi, but were afraid their friends would laugh. After I told him my car was white, and the guy next to me said his was black. Our guide said white was for gentlemen and black was for bad boys. He suggested that we take turns sharing our cars. We could use the black car to initially meet the girls, and use white car when it was time to meet their parents. :rofl:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was planning on an Alpine White 535i but recently my color preference is waning with much criticism from friends over choosing the Alpine White color, to my surprise. I didn't realize people had an issue with white cars?? Being confident in my own choices and what looks great to me aside, for posterity's sake, which of these three colors do you great enthusiasts prefer?

Alpine White

Space Gray

Titanium Silver
ARe you male or female. I find the alpine white to be considered a more feminine color.

If you are male, black or space gray.

·
Diver624
504 Posts
ARe you male or female. I find the alpine white to be considered a more feminine color.

If you are male, black or space gray.
Maybe I'm trying to get in touch with my feminine side.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts