Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the new BMWs and was a bit let down by the colors available. Its so much more conservative feeling now. When I started driving there were alot more car colors on the road. Most ugly but at least different and entertaining to make fun of. Seems like all makers are sticking with silvers, whites, blacks and reds. Even blues have fallen off somewhat compared to like 10 years ago. My favorite all time car color was Lotuses British Racing green on the Esprit followed closely by Fords Sonic Blue on the Mustang. If you had to buy and X-3 in a non factory color, what would it be?? The X-3 just doesnt seem like a vehicle too forgiving with the wrong color. I seen an aftermarket racing yellow once that at first I thought was ok but the more I looked at it the more it looked like a rotting banana due to its shape.

·
Anti-Hack
4,906 Posts
I was looking at the new BMWs and was a bit let down by the colors available. Its so much more conservative feeling now. When I started driving there were alot more car colors on the road. Most ugly but at least different and entertaining to make fun of. Seems like all makers are sticking with silvers, whites, blacks and reds. Even blues have fallen off somewhat compared to like 10 years ago. My favorite all time car color was Lotuses British Racing green on the Esprit followed closely by Fords Sonic Blue on the Mustang. If you had to buy and X-3 in a non factory color, what would it be?? The X-3 just doesnt seem like a vehicle too forgiving with the wrong color. I seen an aftermarket racing yellow once that at first I thought was ok but the more I looked at it the more it looked like a rotting banana due to its shape.

Did somebody say rotten banana? Say hello to my redneck Taxi!

IMG_4153.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
It's all about me!
1,519 Posts
My 2009 X3 is Vermillion red and I love it. I also have a 2001 E46 vert in Orient Blue which is another great color. My favorite was a BMW I don't own anymore, it was a 2007 750Li in Barbera Red with an oyster/black interior....great looking car and loved the colors.

You are right, the BMW colors aren't very varied, but they are classy and what I think the bulk of people want. My X5 is space gray metallic and it has really grown on me.

·
Registered
10,670 Posts
I live in sunny Floriduh, I keep cars a long time, and Frau Putzer has had three major wrecks.. all her fault. So, I want a paint that reflects solar radiation, is durable, and easy to match. So, that's Alpine White III. Her X3 is the fourth AW III car in our fleet. We've bought five other non-metallic white cars over the years, too.

Even the X7 has limited paint selection. My F10 must have offered 15 colors.

·
Anti-Hack
4,906 Posts
I live in sunny Floriduh, I keep cars a long time, and Frau Putzer has had three major wrecks.. all her fault. So, I want a paint that reflects solar radiation, is durable, and easy to match. So, that's Alpine White III. Her X3 is the fourth AW III car in our fleet. We've bought five other non-metallic white cars over the years, too.

Even the X7 has limited paint selection. My F10 must have offered 15 colors.

I’ll second the respect for white. It is surprisingly easiest to keep clean in northern states too!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
duke....that truck can pull it off. My friend had a Mustang that did it justice too. Im just not sure about an x3.

·
Anti-Hack
4,906 Posts
duke....that truck can pull it off. My friend had a Mustang that did it justice too. Im just not sure about an x3.

Thanks! I’ve since removed the cap and upgraded wheels to all black, as well as tear apart the engine for infamous Ford 5.4 timing issues. Into it for $2200 in parts. But she’s the only yellow 150 I’ve come across! My hope is that it’s so annoyingly visible that people won’t pull out into me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts