Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with these mods, how do you like them?

Should I get them with the new car?

status 190 today!

02 330ci
pp/sp/hs/xe/ 5sp

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
I have them and love them. The dealership really liked the way they looked and said my car was the first to have them installed on a 3 series. I can't compare the feel against the regular pedals since my car came delivered with them installed.

They are definitely worth the $$. :D :bigpimp:

This is how they look in my car. . .

Attachments

·
Be a race car Daddy!
2016 340i M-Sport
334 Posts
BTW, I love the dead pedal.

It looks 10 times better than the plan plastic unit and they are cheap too. I think I paid less than $50.00 for it.

Remaining pedals are on the wish list.

·
Registered
903 Posts
RChoudry said:
For those with these mods, how do you like them?

Should I get them with the new car?

status 190 today!

02 330ci
pp/sp/hs/xe/ 5sp
Adds nothing to the driving experience. I just like the looks!! :bigpimp:

IMHO, the M3 wheel is money better spent. I have all three.:D

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
Ackster said:
I have them and love them. The dealership really liked the way they looked and said my car was the first to have them installed on a 3 series. I can't compare the feel against the regular pedals since my car came delivered with them installed.

They are definitely worth the $$. :D :bigpimp:

This is how they look in my car. . .
Great pic Ack! I have the same interior as you and couldn't decide if the aluminum would look good combined with the black leather and wood trim. Looks great! One set of aluminum pedals coming soon! :thumb:

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
Chris330ci said:

Great pic Ack! I have the same interior as you and couldn't decide if the aluminum would look good combined with the black leather and wood trim. Looks great! One set of aluminum pedals coming soon! :thumb:
Thanks Chris! :D You will definitely enjoy these. My friends have all commented on how hot these pedals look with the car. I had the same concerns as you with the wood trim/alum. pedals, but after I got the car, all of my worries went away.

Good luck and enjoy! :bigpimp:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ackster,

I thinka pair of BMW rubber mats would look nice in your car!

·
In Mod Heaven
2,763 Posts
RChoudry said:
Ackster,

I thinka pair of BMW rubber mats would look nice in your car!
I haven't seen these. The floor mats I got came with the car and their ok so far. I have a feeling my left heel is going to be putting a nice hole in the rug. I was thinking of getting rubber mats for the long winters we have here. Does anyone have pics of these?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IF you go to circleBMW and click on the e46 accessories under Rubber Mats, you can see a close up. They look great in black interiors. I use them year-round. The stock mats are still in plastic.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I opted for the dead pedal because I kept scratching the plastic too much. But I would not get the pedals if I had to do it all over again, because they do not provide enough grip. The clutch rubber is wearing out pretty quickly (the metal a little bit too:thumbdwn: ), and slips a lot in the rain. I was hoping for grip, but I think the rubber inserts work best as far as grip is concerned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
M3 Dead Pedal doesn't fit '01 330Ci

After seeing and reading about the E46 M3 dead pedal, I ordered one (p/n: 51-43-7-902-389, black).

IT DOES NOT FIT MY CAR:thumbdwn:

The poriton that fits under the door seal trim was too short. The area where the trim panel transitions from the door seal to the vertical door seal did not match. I can't believe BMW would change this area of the car between '01 and '02, but something is different.

I am really bummed, but now I have a Black Dead Pedal/Kick Panel for sale.

Make a realistic offer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: M3 Dead Pedal doesn't fit '01 330Ci

cchilton said:
After seeing and reading about the E46 M3 dead pedal, I ordered one (p/n: 51-43-7-902-389, black).

IT DOES NOT FIT MY CAR:thumbdwn:

The poriton that fits under the door seal trim was too short. The area where the trim panel transitions from the door seal to the vertical door seal did not match. I can't believe BMW would change this area of the car between '01 and '02, but something is different.

I am really bummed, but now I have a Black Dead Pedal/Kick Panel for sale.

Make a realistic offer.
I hate to say this, but you ordered the wrong part. You ordered the M3 dead pedal/Kick panel for the sedan, not the coupe. Here are the part numbers for different colors:

Coupe Black.... 51.43.2.695.411
Coupe Gray..... 51.43.7.894.565
Coupe Beige.... 51.43.7.894.624
Sedan Black.... 51.43.7.902.389

·
Registered
144 Posts
RChoudry said:
IF you go to circleBMW and click on the e46 accessories under Rubber Mats, you can see a close up. They look great in black interiors. I use them year-round. The stock mats are still in plastic.
Personally, I think the Black WeatherTech Rubber mats in a black interior look better than the BMW ones. I didn't like the red trim on the weathertech ones, so I painted it silver with a paint pen... looks pretty awesome now, especially since I have the aluminum pedals and M3 dead pedal. I'd post a pic, but my camera's broken. :( BTW, the weathertech ones for the back don't fit properly, but the ones for the front are perfect.

Here's a pic of the mat:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/ShowVehPicture.asp?item_veh_id=596

·
Be a race car Daddy!
2016 340i M-Sport
334 Posts
Joe Mag said:
Does anybody have the part number for the M3 pedal for a sedan with beige interior? :dunno: Thanks.

Joe
Call your dealer of choice and have them look up the number I provided previously and ask them for the one for beige

·
hockey-holic
322 Posts
I don't think the M3 dead pedal comes in beige because at the time (MY2001's), there were no sand/nat brown interiors in the M3. I don't know if that has changed for MY2002 M3's or not.

I've got both pedals and love them. No slippage for me. Must be because I'm always in tennis shoes.:dunno:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts