BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2007 525i black/black navi/premium/xenon/auto. OTD of $51,390. I'm a first time BMW buyer so I'm not really sure what I'm doing. The dealer said that he was giving me $250 over invoice, which I think is pretty good, but I'm not sure if he's secretly adding other fees. Does this sound like a good price out the door?

·
Registered
55 Posts
i think is really too much. to be honest with you...... try getting a used 2006 or 2005. you'll get a better deal for sure. last year I got my 2004 525 loaded for 33 K with only 11 K miles on it. And I am telling you, I love it! Manual, 525i, black leather interior, xenon lights, sport package, navi, sunroof, what else......... you'll save like almost 20k. I bought it at another dealer here in MIami. But look online. My car was at several sites with the same pic and diferent prices. then, I got the best price and I went to the dealer to negociate it. it was a toyota dealer here in south florida.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
miamiE60 said:
i think is really too much. to be honest with you...... try getting a used 2006 or 2005. you'll get a better deal for sure. last year I got my 2004 525 loaded for 33 K with only 11 K miles on it. And I am telling you, I love it! Manual, 525i, black leather interior, xenon lights, sport package, navi, sunroof, what else......... you'll save like almost 20k. I bought it at another dealer here in MIami. But look online. My car was at several sites with the same pic and diferent prices. then, I got the best price and I went to the dealer to negociate it. it was a toyota dealer here in south florida.
I'm not really looking to buy used. I have looked for brand new 2006 525i's but they seem to be all gone. I would love to buy used (due to the savings) but not knowing what the previous owner has done is something that really bothers me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i don' t think that's really 200 over invoice. i ordered a 525i as well and we initially agreed on about 900 over invoice which came out to a little over 51k out the door. As for options i got steptronic auto, comfort access, xenon, park assist, and navigation. comfort access is 1000 and park assist is 700 so in terms of options we have about the same total amount. I still need to go back and renegotiate however because the dealer supposedly forgot to add steptronic to my initial price agreement, which was below 51k. from a quick calculation with the aid of the pricing guide on this forum, 51k with all the options i listed seems to be a lot more than just 900 over invoice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
okay after reviewing the pricing guide i have a quick question for anyone who got a good deal: did you pay msrp for the options or invoice price? and also was the destination charge included in the invoice price?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you include MACO? maybe you can itemize out your price so I can compare since we have similar options.

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts

·
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)
3,585 Posts

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Base Price for a 525i is $40,200
Premium pkg $1,820
Steptronic (auto) $1,210
Xenon Adpative headlights $730
Navigation $1,640

Total Invoice Price of car $45,600
Destination Charge: $695

Total cost $46,295

There is probably Maco fee or Document Fee My Sales guy charged me $399 Doc fee.

So lets say your dealer did the same The total cost of the car would be $46,694 + $250 over invoice is $46,944. I think your dealer is Full of S*%t.

Arm your self with the wholesale pricing of your car on the stickied thread on top of this forum.
I paid $1,500 over invoice and I'm sure I could of gotten little better but I thought my CA was doing a good job and earned the profit off me.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kzang said:
Base Price for a 525i is $40,200
Premium pkg $1,820
Steptronic (auto) $1,210
Xenon Adpative headlights $730
Navigation $1,640

Total Invoice Price of car $45,600
Destination Charge: $695

Total cost $46,295

There is probably Maco fee or Document Fee My Sales guy charged me $399 Doc fee.

So lets say your dealer did the same The total cost of the car would be $46,694 + $250 over invoice is $46,944. I think your dealer is Full of S*%t.

Arm your self with the wholesale pricing of your car on the stickied thread on top of this forum.
I paid $1,500 over invoice and I'm sure I could of gotten little better but I thought my CA was doing a good job and earned the profit off me.

Good Luck.
those numbers seem right but you forgot tax. the tax rate here is 8.25%

·
Registered
165 Posts
Henry47 said:
those numbers seem right but you forgot tax. the tax rate here is 8.25%
Even if you add the tax rate of 8.25%, the total would be $50,816.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BIG _AL said:
Even if you add the tax rate of 8.25%, the total would be $50,816.
in another quote a dealer gave me, he also added another $427 in "official fees". this additional fee brought the final price up. I'm thinking that the dealer is adding something that I'm not aware of. I guess I'll get him to itemize it. Does this "official fee" sound legit or is it BS? The ONLY thing I should be paying for is tax/car+$250 over invoice/MACO right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts