BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Phoenix Yellow is too green for me.

BACK to the topic, my dealer is checking with the home office on whether or not I can get Leather without the Premium Package.

Shees! Does Jon S. have any info on this? Jon????

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
in_d_haus said:
I'm right there with you. I can turn on my lights and wipers myself.
no no no... rain sensor is very nice! Auto lights you could probably live without, but rain sensor is terrific esp. in light rain and scattered drizzle where it always finds the right speed to wipe the windshield, varying the intermittent rate constantly depending on conditions. :thumb:

But then again, I'm a gadget freak and am easily impressed. :p :D

You still have to turn on the wipers manually to activate the sensor, but then it's totally hands off. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
875 Posts
No, The rain sensor sucks. I had it on my 99 E46 and when I ordered my 01 E46 I made sure the car would not come with that feature.

I admit that it does work well at some moments but if the precipitation stops it often leaves a little water on the windscreen. Because it was below the threshold to wipe but it’s too much to just leave there so I would have to swipe it (I know it’s not that difficult but it’s annoying). I was constantly adjusting the sensitivity to get that last swipe and to get the first one going again.

It was cool when a truck splashed water on the car and the wipers would take care of it by itself. All in all the aggravation of an imperfect system was not worth that convenience TO ME. Maybe if the sensing area were bigger it would work a little better :dunno:

I really like the regular intermittent wipers on my current car. I never could figure out how to disable the rain sensor on my 99.

Automatic lights? Come on…….

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
in_d_haus said:

BACK to the topic, my dealer is checking with the home office on whether or not I can get Leather without the Premium Package.

I can't believe you're stressing out over $350. :dunno:

20,210 Posts
in_d_haus said:

You don't need Jon S.'s help on this one!

YES YES YES YES YES! I have done it!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:confused:

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
atyclb said:

You don't need Jon S.'s help on this one!

YES YES YES YES YES! I have done it!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:confused:
ATYCLB:
I believe you buddy!! Thanks for all the info. They don't choose to take my word for it even when I send them the latest sheet.
They insist on calling Germany. Just thinking Jon might be able to give me some "official" bimmer reference "see policy####" or something.

That's all,
Haus

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
alee said:

no no no... rain sensor is very nice!
it's ok...better than i thot it would be, but i find it gets fooled pretty easily..especially in sleet...omg, it just freaks out in sleet.

it needs a manual override, and it would be perfect. also, it seems u need fresh wiper blades or it gets confused by streaks and smears...other than that, it's way worth it.

dancing around getting PP and yet still ordering most of the components is dumb, imo. :rolleyes:

·
M Mad
10,475 Posts
Tell you rdealer it CAN be done.

I just picked up a Topaz/Gray M3 at the Performance Center last wqeek. No Premium Package, but full leather interior.

It CAN be done.

BTW the SMG is AWESOME. No regrets at all.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.