BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want the most out of my 535i. that is why i ordered a manual transmission. Anyone else order one?:thumbup:

·
3 pedals only!
2,713 Posts
I've ordered a 550 with one, if that counts.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Mine is September production, with the M-Sport package as well. I waited, as I didn't want an automatic. My alternative was getting a 335 coupe, but I am looking forward to the 535.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I've ordered a 550 with one, if that counts.
+1

I might have gotten the 535 instead of the 550 if it were available with a manual when I took ED.

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
That's going to be FUN!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I ordered a 535xi with manual transmission........sucks that we have to wait till september for it.

I am sure it is worth the wait though......... what is your production date ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
september is just around the corner!!! My car should be done the first week of september. when should i be expecting delivery?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would have if I didn't need to switch cars with my wife every once in a while (she drives a Honda van...5 kids). I couldn't bear teaching her how to drive a standard on my brand new 535xi (which I pick up today!). This my first car ever with an automatic...I guess I can try the step. I really wish the SAT was available on the xi.

·
friend of the marque
4,943 Posts
BMW has three letters, and I have never had one without three pedals...

You chose wisely.
It is just "more-funner"

FWIW the long time family joke when I was in college was that I would not marry a woman that could not drive a manual transmission.
Great advice from my grandfather and mechanic since before WW2.

Then I met my future bride driving that rusted out 5 speed Honda Accord with MA plates.
Love at first sight. :rofl:

Fast forward 10+ yrs - I took her Odyssey in for an oil change the other day and she drove my car for the day.
Had to pry the keys from her hands :)

I am always suprised when someone gets in my car and says with a smirk, "You ordered a manual transmission?"
There are car people, and everyone else I guess...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would have if I didn't need to switch cars with my wife every once in a while (she drives a Honda van...5 kids). I couldn't bear teaching her how to drive a standard on my brand new 535xi (which I pick up today!). This my first car ever with an automatic...I guess I can try the step. I really wish the SAT was available on the xi.
I just searched high & low to locate an '06 or '07 530xiT with manual tranny :thumbup:.

·
3 pedals only!
2,713 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
You're not alone. Just ordered my 535xi wagon with manual.
i drove the 535xi wagon at the susan korman cancer drive and was blown away by it! I drove the 335i vert before that and the 535xi felt faster.. I played w someone in the x5 4.8i on the highway and just walked all over them. It had the sport package but it had the x5 style shifter which isn't bad..i actually like it esp in manual mode :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great question, gives those of us having to endure the rediculous September wait a chance to share. I leave for Munich on 9/27 to pick up my 535xit manual on 9/28. The extra seven month wait will I know be worth it. It is not the 535i but i have family constraints and winter weather to deal with. My family hauler may just give the SUV battalions something to contend with.

So when do you take delivery?

Best of luck to you! Does anyone know if this is the new manual that is fuel saver?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I want the most out of my 535i. that is why i ordered a manual transmission. Anyone else order one?:thumbup:
Why do you think it takes a manual trans to get the most out of your 535?

In my experience, very few non-race trained drivers will get to 60 shifting for themselves faster or better timed than the new auto will do it...

of course it does feel better..:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was originally going to go with a manual but after test driving the sport automatic and realizing that 90% of my driving is in traffic. I decided to go with the Sport Automatic, It really does shift amazingly fast.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh good... I thought I was the only weirdo that ordered a luxury car with manual transmission!
;-0

·
Registered
236 Posts
how does the 535 compare to the 335? I have the 335

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh good... I thought I was the only weirdo that ordered a luxury car with manual transmission!
;-0
Not really...a lot of wierdos out here .........welcome to the club

1 - 20 of 37 Posts