BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2006 750Li, when I turn the car on or open the doors if the car is on, there is a hissing sound if the radio is on AM band. Doesn't happen if on FM or any other mode.

This has been my complaint since the day I bought the car from BMW of Mountain View, Ca. They told me that BMW is aware of it but there is no solution or a fix.

My warranty has run out already and I have lived with it. Since I have joined this group, I thought I would post this message and see if any one has experience this problem and if they know of a fix.

I will appreciate if anyone has an answer or a suggestion.

Thanks.
Ashok

·
Registered
85 Posts
Question 1: who listens the am radio?
Hissing sound usually means your ask unit or antenna module acting up, but 99% it's antenna module on passenger side, bc it's responsible for am signal. Simply replace it, buy used one of eBay it's not expensive

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

Most of the local news are on AM stations.
If the fix was that simple BMW would have fixed it when the car was under warranty - right? Why would they tell me that there was no fix? There must be more than that.

Btw, the hissing sound comes on only for a few seconds - when I turn the car on or when we open the door if the car is running and on AM station. So it is not like the noise is constant.

Hope this update gives you more details.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, there is a fix for everything. The question is what's easier to fix or tell there is no fix?:) if you believe your dealer what are you doing on this forum?;) lol
Ok if I were you I would start from antenna module, then ask unit, then logic 7. The interference could be in any if them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts