BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I bought my '06 750li I have hated the stereo. I thought I had an amplifier issue as I could never get it to sound even close to decent. Had resigned myself to listen to talk radio rather than music.

Was reading the forum the other day and saw someone mention that setting the "Logic 7" setting to zero had given him good performance back.

So I'm in the car yesterday and gave it a try. WOW! Sounds so good now it is night and day. The subs and all the speakers are pumping out nice sounding music.

Wanted to post here, so that if your stereo is sounding like a muffled mess, turn off the Logic 7 by doing the following:

1. Go to Entertainment
2. Scroll down the left side menu to "Tone" and select it.
3. Scrolll down to "Logic 7", select it and then set it to "0" (all the way to the left).

Enjoy your new found good sound.

Hope this helps some others.

·
Registered
239 Posts
yea sounds all good till ur logic 7 amp goes out!! or the ask unit(cd player) starts to act up!!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
we know about it, but this good sound without logic 7 surround system
Without logic 7 turned on the stero really sounds sub par. Set it onto about 5 (2006-2008 models) or to where the sound sounds balanced in the car on an older 7 (2002-2005). Turn up the stereo to your favorite songs and simply mess with the equalizer.

I did this and was having a guys night out a few days ago and we were playing a wide variety of music, everything from DJ Khaled to Ellie Goulding! Either way it sounded great and I even got a complement from someone who does high end stereo work on how good the system was.

The bass was slightly lacking at higher volumes but the L7 system would be a beast if had a better amplifier.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see you guys like your Logic 7 ;)

I think it sounds much better without all the fake surround sound going on.

·
Little Odessa
1,275 Posts
To be honest I shot off Logic 7 a year ago after start to hear cracking sound and I am fine now, base is deep for me, I love those Logic sound but.......

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
I have the logic setting to like 1..any higher it doesnt sound great and brings the staging toward the front.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I have the logic setting to like 1..any higher it doesnt sound great and brings the staging toward the front.
the more you turn it up, the more the staging moves to the rear. Like I said I keep it at 5 since it's about center where my ears are and it sounds quite a bit better!

·
CHICAGOSLICK
55 Posts
I set mine at 5 and it sounds great...I listen to alot of live performance CD's...Latest CD The Police Live....Awsome sounding....You do have to work with the equalization a bit, though...

One thing is for sure, you will never get bass like a 12-15 inch sub from this system, but for a factory system this is about as good as I have heard...right on par with the highest end Bose Systems...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Possible T series class action

I bought my car as a CPO. I began having trouble with various components in my vehicle detailed in my service history but the reoccurring problem is with the radio system were the amplifier routinely malfunctions. I believe this is a design flaw in the vehicle because this is a chronic problem with 7 series and various radio components have been replaced and I am still experiencing the same problem. Since I have owned this vehicle in 2 years I have been to the dealership over 30 times fixing various problems especially the amplifier which does not seem to have a resolution. I have been working patiently with Northwest BMW who has attempted to fix this problem over seven times without a resolution. I took my car back to the dealer on 01/16/2009, 06/10/2009, 01/26/2010, 02/9/2010, 05/13/2010, 06/29/2010, 07/27/2010, 09/10/2010 to have the problem with my radio system corrected but to date, the dealer has been unable to do so. There is a detailed PUMA case on my car and the last 4 repairs have been done based on direction and guidance from BMW Engineers. My radio unit has been replaced twice, both rear door speakers once, center speaker once, left subwoofer twice, right subwoofer once, and amplifier over six times. Thus far, my car has been out of service for approximately 34 days at Northwest BMW has attempted to repair this problem seven times. Also the dealership noted to me that the replace an average of 5-6 7 series amps per month.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If a group of us can get together my service history is over 50 pages long and BMW will be forced to release all their service record on all the amps and a lot of people will be shocked

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Why not post up a few shots of your EQ settings too?
I'll post up a photo in a bit and maybe do a night photoshoot if I have some time!

If a group of us can get together my service history is over 50 pages long and BMW will be forced to release all their service record on all the amps and a lot of people will be shocked
BMW def. has a problem with the L7 system with the 7 series. I doubt BMW is going to really do anything as a majority of these cars are out of warranty. If a good amount of these cars were in warranty, BMW would have redesigned the AMP/ASK with an updated part to save money on warranty repairs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Regardless of the warranty expiring, it is a design flaw that was never and still has not been addressed. My vehicle was under warranty when it began and out of warranty as the problem continues. So if after two ASK units, 6 amps including a special amplifier, 3 new subs, and all the rear speakers replaced and am still experiencing the same problem then it is a design flaw. Numerous people have had multiple amps replaced and BMW should have to pay up but it has to be done as a group. I know am not alone in having logic 7 issues.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks to this thread i have check my setting and now the all around sound is soooooooo much better.. I find that if the logic 7 isnt tuned to 1 or 10 the sound is more towards the front or back. Although i do find that 1 and 10 sound the same IMO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts