BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My X is 2 weeks old so I decided to give it a good cleaning. Washed and waxed with Griots.

This stuff is amazing. Really easy on and better yet easy off with no effort. I'm not a pro, I'm just a DIY that loves a clean car.

Not sure how long this wax lasts, but who cares. It's so easy and quick to apply.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1467382195.361417.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1467382208.993730.jpg ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1467382226.727654.jpg

·
C code: 405/3
876 Posts
The car looks great.
Their shampoo works very well also, it's one of my favourites.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Nice! For a longer lasting shine you might want to try something like Powerlock sealant topped with the Griots wax. You get the shine and protection of the sealant and the gloss and glow of the wax. Powerlock will last a very very long time. Great stuff.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! For a longer lasting shine you might want to try something like Powerlock sealant topped with the Griots wax. You get the shine and protection of the sealant and the gloss and glow of the wax. Powerlock will last a very very long time. Great stuff.
Thanks, but I have no experience at all with using sealants. I have read a lot on here and it looks like an orbitor is required?? Not sure I have the experience to use one of those.

·
Registered
991 Posts
You put a sealant on just as you would a wax. In fact most "waxes" at various large retail outlets are really sealants as true waxes are more expensive. For example Meguiars NXT Tech Wax is not actually a wax, it is a sealant.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You put a sealant on just as you would a wax. In fact most "waxes" at various large retail outlets are really sealants as true waxes are more expensive. For example Meguiars NXT Tech Wax is not actually a wax, it is a sealant.
Good to know. I have used NXT in the past. Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
73 Posts
The car looks great.
Their shampoo works very well also, it's one of my favourites.
I'm looking for a new one...I have, and like, Megs Gold Class...but have heard a lot about the Duragloss soap, and Griots. But which Griots? The regular one or Brilliant Finish? I mainly rinseless wash these days, but need to drag the hose out occasionally lol.

For sealants too....I use Megs Ultimate liquid wax....doesn't stain black trim! I even purposely put it on my trim. Easy on, easy off. Lasts and lasts.

·
C code: 405/3
876 Posts
I'm looking for a new one...I have, and like, Megs Gold Class...but have heard a lot about the Duragloss soap, and Griots. But which Griots? The regular one or Brilliant Finish? I mainly rinseless wash these days, but need to drag the hose out occasionally lol.

For sealants too....I use Megs Ultimate liquid wax....doesn't stain black trim! I even purposely put it on my trim. Easy on, easy off. Lasts and lasts.
The regular one. My other fav. is Duragloss 9xx. The number changes depending on the size of the container - eg Duragloss 902.

I've been reading about Ultima's Paint Guard Wash and I'm thinking I'll have to try it soon. It's a bit pricey but apparently cleans exceptionally well, doesn't streak, makes huge suds, and doesn't strip waxes if mixed according to the directions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
OP- Your X looks awesome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts