BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2014 428 for 2 years now and when I have switched the lighting from Classic to the color that is supposed to glow orange (sorry forget the official name) I see no change and no special lighting in the cabin of my car. I have 2016 X1 loaner and at night there is a distinctive bright orange glow around the wood door trim on both doors as well as the same orange glow from the lower lip of the dash trim. Should my 2014 428 have this feature or is it something new for the 2016 in a less expensive model?

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,055 Posts
The "Classic" is the orange ambient lighting. I have a Sport Line model, and the "Sport" is the white light (and I've had a Luxury Line loaner, and on that model, the "Luxury" was the white lighting). Is the brightness up high enough to see it? It should look just like the X1 loaner you have.

·
Registered
912 Posts
What I've encountered is that the ambient lighting is not very noticeable if you have dark interior. My 528 with Mocha, and my M6 with black is barely "there" in either orange or white, but my 435 with Oyster is just as bright as my 2 E92's were that had creme beige.

·
just copacetic!!!
2019 230i MSptPkg
1,643 Posts
I have had my 2014 428 for 2 years now and when I have switched the lighting from Classic to the color that is supposed to glow orange (sorry forget the official name) I see no change and no special lighting in the cabin of my car. I have 2016 X1 loaner and at night there is a distinctive bright orange glow around the wood door trim on both doors as well as the same orange glow from the lower lip of the dash trim. Should my 2014 428 have this feature or is it something new for the 2016 in a less expensive model?
Our previous 2013 328i (no line) did not have that option. It was an iDrive option on the Sport and MSport lines (not sure about the Luxury and Modern lines). Our current 2016 428i GC has that option since the Sport line is now the standard for the 428i's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts