BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a PT-100, Thermistor, or some other type of sensor? I'd like to see if I have something in my miscellaneous parts bin that I can use to replace mein failed sensor. :)

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
I would think it's a thermistor ... but ... what it actually is may be covered in one of these threads ...

- AMBIENT TEMPERATURE SENSOR BREAKS OFF: low mounted ambient temperature sensors in the passenger side front wheel well cover is practically designed to be ripped off on a parking curb (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Bluebee.. I'll review those links today.

The reason I ask is that thermistors are available in single lot quantities for about $2, and as low as 0.60 in bulk. If we can figure out the actual specifications of the component, we can really save some serious cash when replacing them.

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
If we can figure out the actual specifications of the component, we can really save some serious cash when replacing them.
That sentiment makes tons of sense and I agree, you might be able to make something positive out of your effort.

I think it's great whenever someone tries to solve a problem for the team like this.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts