BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SES light. Codes are 2A47, 2A37, 2A32, 2CA7 and 2C3E. 3 are valvetronic plausibility/reference codes and 2 are O2 sensor related. Car is bucking on hard acceleration and wanting to stall after throttle at a stop but catching itself quickly and then idling normally. Also, transmission is suddenly all over the place shifting erratically and hard.

I'm thinking a new Eccentric Shaft Sensor is in order...agreed?, but why the O2 codes?

TIA

Aaron
2008 X3 3.0si 94000 miles

·
BeeemerBro
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
3,519 Posts
SES light. Codes are 2A47, 2A37, 2A32, 2CA7 and 2C3E. 3 are valvetronic plausibility/reference codes and 2 are O2 sensor related. Car is bucking on hard acceleration and wanting to stall after throttle at a stop but catching itself quickly and then idling normally. Also, transmission is suddenly all over the place shifting erratically and hard.

I'm thinking a new Eccentric Shaft Sensor is in order...agreed?, but why the O2 codes?

TIA

Aaron
2008 X3 3.0si 94000 miles
Clear the codes with scanner and then replace or fully charge current battery...then let's see what codes come back, start from there.

06 X3 199k
05 X3 181k
04 X3 162k

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked my Eccentric Shaft Sensor connection and there was oil in there. I cleaned out the oil with air and wiped the pins in the sensor the best that i could and the car ran better than it has in the 4 years that I have owned it. No idle dip at stops , no horrible transmission shifting and perfect startup. I will be getting a new sensor installed. Have not cleared the SES light yet. I'm guessing that the O2 sensor is acting up because of the bad Eccentric Shaft Sensor.

-Aaron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts