BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i am new to the Bimmer world so bare with me.
I want to install my amplifier in my 2004 BMW 325i. Not sure how i should run the remote and rca's to the back of the factory head unit??
Also wondering if there is anything special i should know before installing my amp that would make it different than any other car i've done this in (chevy's).

Thanks for the help

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest and congrats on your new-to-you car.

There's lots of info on upgrading your stereo system, but first you need to understand how the system is put together. All the connections you need to make are in the trunk, left side behind the panel. You have a separate amp with 10 channels, one each to the 10 speakers in your car. Three in each door up front, one tweeter in each rear door (or rear panel if coupe), and two woofers in the rear deck. If you have H/K sound, there's two more for sub duty.

That said, what are you trying to do? Add a sub or power the whole system with your amp?

·
Registered
243 Posts
thought only the harmon kardon option had the 10 speaker set up.... atleast that's what I was told by the BMW rep. I was told the systems ranged from 8-12 speaker set up's depending on the options.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am simply just trying to power a new subwoofer with the amplifier. so if i am reading your post correctly, i do not have to run any wires to the head unit in the dash?

·
Is it Trackday yet?
8,975 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
rca patch is needed

There is a patch that you need to install from the back of your factory deck back to the amplifier for the audio signal if your amplifier doesn't have line level inputs (only RCA plugs). There are also some line level conditioners out there in case the head unit puts out too much power from the line level inputs so you don't fry your amp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts