BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
F1, MotoGP & 'Ring addict
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BMW ED website lists the Amsterdam dropoff location as here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=...4.779053&spn=0.1445,0.42057&z=12&iwloc=A&om=1

However, when I emailed [email protected] , they tell me that their new address is here:

United Stevedores Amsterdam
Ruigoordweg 80
westpoort 7989
1047 HM Amsterdam

I cannot find this on google maps. Can anyone help by creating a link for me?

What should I search for in the BMW Navi system to find the above location?

Has anyone used the new location? Is public transport nearby?

·
Registered
366 Posts
The BMW ED website lists the Amsterdam dropoff location as here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=...4.779053&spn=0.1445,0.42057&z=12&iwloc=A&om=1

However, when I emailed [email protected] , they tell me that their new address is here:

United Stevedores Amsterdam
Ruigoordweg 80
westpoort 7989
1047 HM Amsterdam

I cannot find this on google maps. Can anyone help by creating a link for me?

What should I search for in the BMW Navi system to find the above location?

Has anyone used the new location? Is public transport nearby?
Drop the weg ( way) and you will find it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...land,+The+Netherlands&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hope the attached comes through. Google Amsterdam 1047 and you will get a detail of the dock/port area where USA is located. There are 3 different streets, all named Ruigoordweg, but they are all in the same area, so once you get there, I'm sure you'll poke around until you find it. It looks like they are just around the corner from the (previously-indicated) Cocaoweg address.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just dealt with this for my drop-off and updated the ED Wiki with detailed directions as well as the Google Map link. The map location is approximate. Please keep in mind that Ruijgoordweg and Ruijgoord are two different streets. You should be able to enter Ruijgoordweg into the Nav for street name. But be warned that the Navi will actually tell you that you have arrived when you get to the street before Ruijgoordweg. Just keep going on Westpoortweg to the next street which is Ruijgoordweg. The streets are marked with signs.

The Wiki entry has more details too.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php?title=BMW_European_Delivery#Netherlands

Let me know if you need any other info.

Enjoy your trip!

·
F1, MotoGP & 'Ring addict
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just dealt with this for my drop-off and updated the ED Wiki with detailed directions as well as the Google Map link. The map location is approximate. Please keep in mind that Ruijgoordweg and Ruijgoord are two different streets. You should be able to enter Ruijgoordweg into the Nav for street name. But be warned that the Navi will actually tell you that you have arrived when you get to the street before Ruijgoordweg. Just keep going on Westpoortweg to the next street which is Ruijgoordweg. The streets are marked with signs.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php?title=BMW_European_Delivery#Netherlands

Enjoy your trip!
Perfect! Thank you so much.

How do you get back to the city from here? Is taxi the only option? I prefer public transit but I will still have my bags. Will it be unpleasant to take baggage on the public transit?

I see your car is currently in transit. If you are tracking it, how long did they take get your car on the boat from the time you dropped off?

·
Registered
366 Posts

Enjoy your trip!
Looks like their are two types of Spelling; one uses just an i and another one an ij ( Dutch y). It would be pronounced the same way. A quick Google search notices that both names are used for the same street.

However according to Postcode.nl ( Zip code lookup) it is Ruijgoordweg. So I would think the people at USA need to change their address.
I have the same issue with my Dutch last name, it is spelled with a ij and many people in Holland will spell it with just i.

Hopefully will be able to check it myself this fall if I get to pickup a face lifted E90.:confused:

·
Registered
366 Posts

How do you get back to the city from here? Is taxi the only option? I prefer public transit but I will still have my bags. Will it be unpleasant to take baggage on the public transit?

I see your car is currently in transit. If you are tracking it, how long did they take get your car on the boat from the time you dropped off?
It is in the middle of an industrial area, so taxi is the only option. Amsterdam SloterDijk is very close and has both trains and trams ( streetcar). Call the taxi when you get to USA otherwise you can be waiting a long time. We ended up giving a couple a ride to the train station. They had dropped their Volvo off and had been waiting for at least 45 minutes because they called after finishing their paperwork.

Last time I dropped off (fall 06) they had an once a week truck to Zeebrugge on Thursdays.

·
Registered
76 Posts

I think taxi is the only real option unless you can get a ride from someone to the Sloterdijk station. It's not a short walk. Definitely call a taxi, especially if you have bags. It was a 35-40 Euro ride back to the Marriott in the city center. But I still had to wait about 45mins even though they called for the cab before starting the paperwork.

I actually got lucky with the drop-off, as there were two other folks dropping off their BMWs and with mine, there were a total of six in the lot. I believe they wait until they have enough to fill up a truck but I don't know if it's six or eight cars. I dropped off on Friday, and by Monday it was in Antwerp and then moved again to Zeebrugge where the ship I'm booked on was going to dock. The car should be loaded tomorrow, so from drop-off to loading on ship will take 12 days. The ship's supposed to dock in NY on 5/17.

·
Registered
37 Posts
We dropped off at Amsterdam on April 22. It took us forever to find the drop off point because of the change of address (although the new location is just around the corner from the old one). It took us about an hour and a half to get through the drop off process.

We had the folks at the office call us a cab and one was there in about 5 minutes. I did not see any signs of public transit until we had traveled about 3 miles back towards town (it could have been there, but I didn't see it).

We stayed at the Amsterdam Hilton which is not in the downtown area but south of the Museum district and so the cab ride was 45 euros (ouch!).

Our car was transported to Zeebrugge on Thursday, April 25 and loaded on ship on May 2.

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
New number for 'USA': 020.6116688. Their old number does not forward (lame). I wasn't able to contact them prior to drop-off but it worked out fine anyway, so don't stress if you don't reach them.

If you just put Ruijgoordweg (sp?) in your nav it will get you close enough. It's the nice new building where the road dead-ends (impossible to miss although the signage is a bit weak). Follow the directions above and it will be fine, worked for me today. :)

There is absolutely no public transport nearby. I paid 35 Euros to get me to the Movenpick today (behind Centraal station). It is pretty far though so it's reasonable as far as I'm concerned. They won't call the taxi right when you arrive (you probably don't want them to because you will pay the cab driver to wait - it only took the cab about 5 minutes to get there after she called and the entire process took about an hour).

Good luck finding a working car wash though - all of them listed here were either closed permanently or just closed for repairs. I spent three hours looking for one. You're probably better off finding one elsewhere - make sure you give yourself ample time.

Unfortunately the truck going to Belgium just came today, so the next truck going out will be there Friday at the earliest (but most likely early next week). I dropped off a space gray 335i with natural brown interior. Let me know if you see it parked there, I miss it already!

Hope that helps and good luck!

--SONET

·
Registered
37 Posts
We found a car wash nearby that we chose not to use because it used a brush system rather than cloth. We did not find any other car washes nearby.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just had a big problem finding the drop-off location.....thanks welt for giving me the wrong address and phone #.

it was quite unprofessional.

how can you send some1 off in a foreign continent without giving them the proper address and phone #?

a map wouldn't hurt either.

but, my advice for ppl trying to find the amsterdam drop-off is to stop at the numerous bus stops that are in the area.

the bus stops, and the tram stops also, have maps with a "you-are-here" sticker on the map.

i would get lost, stop and look at the bus map.....get lost......stop and look at the bus map....get lost......stop and look at the bus map.

i finally got closer and closer.

and i finally found it after some dock workers came to my rescue, as i was at the old drop off location yelling for "HELP!" through the locked and unmanned gates (because the welt gave me the wrong address)(thanks Sven, and friend, for coming to my rescue).

also this site is a netherlands specific route planner/map finer thingy:

http://routeplanner.9292ov.nl/

it might be handy

p.s. someone tell the welt they are giving the wrong address and phone #.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Just remember when you hit the roundabout back there... to go straight through it.

The GPS for the address takes you left out of the round-a-bout... there is a sign in the middle telling you to go right out of the round a bout... but the straight exit is correct. You'll see USA imprinted on the road... drive down about 3/4 mile. It's the building w/ the oddly aqua colored roof.

Now once you get there there are 3 entrances.. you want the one all the way around the back left corner on the back side of the building facing away from the entrance road. Stay left on the entrance and drive your car all the way to the back.. from the start it'll save you the trouble of going to get it later.

Cabs got to re-delivery in about 10 minutes yesterday but the process took a painful 90min of waiting.... Other than that pretty simple once you figure out the stupid stuff.

·
*insert witty one liner*
257 Posts
Thanks for the info, this was the one part of my trip I was worried about. I had heard it was hard to find the drop off location. Now I can rest assured knowing where the location is. Now I can worry about everything else on the trip lol

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
Thanks for the info, this was the one part of my trip I was worried about. I had heard it was hard to find the drop off location. Now I can rest assured knowing where the location is. Now I can worry about everything else on the trip lol
I don't think it's anything worth stressing over, just make sure you leave plenty of time in case something comes up. I left the whole day open, which made it considerably less stressful than it would have been had I only left a two hour window.

Good luck and have fun on your trip!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts