BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to vent...

Last night going home from work, I was driving at around 60mph on the freeway, and was trying to do a lane change to my right.

All the sudden I heard a loud "BOOM" on my side. It sounded like explosion from my tire or something hit the driver side. :yikes: Scary as hell, I looked around -- no cars hit me.. I felt my steering and there was no issue. Looked at the windshield and left windows, nothing... Then I exited freeway to a parking lot, opened the door and checked around. Nothing at all...:dunno: Then I finally realized there was a fist-size mark on my hood, left side, right below my windshield. And there is a small mark on the windshield glass right behind it. I was like...damn someone threw a rock at me??? Using my finger to feel the marks. holy crap, it feels like black rubber, like tire material. I touched it more and felt around it, marks were gone, leaving my hand dirty instead. ahh, no paint job needed :)

If the **** were hitting my windshield directly, instead of landing on my hood first, i might need to replace the glass or maybe the thing would jumped right at me...:( who the F**K dropped their thing? :mad:

A few years ago, on my previous car, similar thing happened on the freeway (right after i hand waxed the car...). There were a couple black rubber balls or pieces about fist-size dropped by the pickup in front of me. Those 2 things kept bouncing on the freeway. I managed to dodge it from hitting the car, but my left mirror got hit...bang, the mirror popped out from the plastic box, harness saved the mirror from dropping. i exited freeway and the mirror was able to pop itself back in..whew...

·
Registered
255 Posts
somthing similar happend to me a couple months back. I must admit im a young kid and am very hot blooded, and i am sort of ashamed for doing this but this ford f150 had somting inside and rocks were flying out and one hit my car, a 2007 camry(well it was my moms car) and it left a chip in hte window so i got upset and whent along side him and started inching into his lane till he finally went off the road after that i drove off and i dont know what happened to him.

·
Registered
742 Posts
somthing similar happend to me a couple months back. I must admit im a young kid and am very hot blooded, and i am sort of ashamed for doing this but this ford f150 had somting inside and rocks were flying out and one hit my car, a 2007 camry(well it was my moms car) and it left a chip in hte window so i got upset and whent along side him and started inching into his lane till he finally went off the road after that i drove off and i dont know what happened to him.
You should be sort of ashamed, because if he took your license number down, you could be sort of in jail.

·
Registered
578 Posts
HAHAHAA! I like your style...

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
it's even better when kids paintball your car from an overpass.

years ago when i was driving my TTZ, coming up to an underpass some kids overhead in the bushes must have just been shooting at cars coming by. hit the windshield on top. nothing happened but i was like: WTF? when i got home (about a mile away), i got out and looked. yellow paintball.

·
Are we having fun yet?
440 Posts
If its like black rubber like you say, maybe someone kick something up in front of you?

Last year this idiot kids where on an over pass, drinking something with ice. My luck he finished it while i was approaching. Idiot chucks the ice onto the traffic and one of the cubes hit my car and chipped the paint. I felt like stopping the car in the hwy and beat the crap out of them. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts