Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
L C B
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while in a panic looking for the jump start connector under the hood(fictional?) I came across a warning sticker. I normally never read these things but I saw it said dinan on it so I read it: it roughly says that the car has performance software and gives a number to call before reprogramming eeprom. So my question is, how do I find out what type of dinan software is present, if any? I can ask the original owner I guess, but I'm sure he's sick of my curiosities by now... Pic of warning sticker attached- look for it on your ride if you arent the original owner, may be in for a pleaseant surprise. it's near the passenger fender under the hood.

Attachments

·
L C B
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah- my canon a70 has seen better days... it focuses when it wants to and the shutter button is really hard to push. Another "here take my used junk" deal. the sticker doesnt have any info other than call dinan before reprogramming... emailed orig. owner. I will post what I find out. Hopefully SteveL coined up for the motor and trans upgrades:)

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
e39dream said:
yeah- my canon a70 has seen better days... it focuses when it wants to and the shutter button is really hard to push. Another "here take my used junk" deal. the sticker doesnt have any info other than call dinan before reprogramming... emailed orig. owner. I will post what I find out. Hopefully SteveL coined up for the motor and trans upgrades:)

We've all been on the receiving end of one of those deals.....:p .....just keep us posted with what you hear back. :thumbup:

·
L C B
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
called the number- connected to Dinan of mountainview, CA. Gentleman explained that trans software is not available for my 528i, and I most likely have a stage 1 engine software upgrade, which sprays more fuel and loses top speed governer. He said he only way to be sure what I have is to go to a Dinan authorized bmw dealer. Or determine if the car shuts off at top speed. I told him I'll wait until I need to seek the service dept. and have them look into it then. He said to be sure they do not overwite my dinan stuff at the local dealer. So I guess I have a stage one engine upgrade. Not bad. Thats about 1/8th cost of my total investment:) still waiting for stevel to return my message.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts