Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
What's so revolutionary about that? They look like those 80s FWD GMs with the square back windows like Rivieras.

These are major improvements from the car this styling came from; the Renault Avantime.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kaz said:
What's so revolutionary about that? They look like those 80s FWD GMs with the square back windows like Rivieras.

These are major improvements from the car this styling came from; the Renault Avantime.
I didn't mean revolutionary... I meant just plain ridiculous...

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patrick 320d said:
"Claude, you hate think you hate it now, but just wait until you drive it."
--- Fletch

Patrick
Patrick,

BTW, have you ever had a chance to drive a Citroën Xsara VTS 1.8 16V? I'd like to hear your impressions... Maybe you know someone who has one? :dunno:

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
That car would need a "mini cooper" type cult following. The problem is, noone in their right mind would ever like that.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Patrick,

BTW, have you ever had a chance to drive a Citroën Xsara VTS 1.8 16V? I'd like to hear your impressions... Maybe you know someone who has one? :dunno:
I haven't driven one, but my ex-GF owns one ...:confused:

I am actually soon to be helping a friend buy his first car and one that is on the list is the Citica Xsara (not sure which engine). I am trying to steer him towards a Ford Focus ...

I got a ride home from the airport last week in a Citica C5 and asked the driver about his impressions. He laughed. He had the car for three weeks and one morning it simply would not start (when he should have been on his way to work). He had it towed to the dealer, no taxi loaner. They called him the next day and told him that the parts needed to fix his new car would take five weeks to arrive from FRANCE. They assured him though, that everything would be covered ... little consolation to a taxi driver that owns his own car. If he can't work, he can't pay for the car.

Anyway, the Xsara Picasso has gotten nice reviews, the C5 not. If I get a chance to drive a Xsara, I will say the word.

BTW, we only get the Xsara 1.6i VTR 16V or 2.0i VTS 16V Coupé here.

See also: http://www.veho.fi/citroen_wpp/script/docfilter.asp?mallisto\hinnasto\index.htm#xsara

It is in Finnish ...

Patrick

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patrick 320d said:

I haven't driven one, but my ex-GF owns one ...:confused:

I am actually soon to be helping a friend buy his first car and one that is on the list is the Citica Xsara (not sure which engine). I am trying to steer him towards a Ford Focus ...

I got a ride home from the airport last week in a Citica C5 and asked the driver about his impressions. He laughed. He had the car for three weeks and one morning it simply would not start (when he should have been on his way to work). He had it towed to the dealer, no taxi loaner. They called him the next day and told him that the parts needed to fix his new car would take five weeks to arrive from FRANCE. They assured him though, that everything would be covered ... little consolation to a taxi driver that owns his own car. If he can't work, he can't pay for the car.

Anyway, the Xsara Picasso has gotten nice reviews, the C5 not. If I get a chance to drive a Xsara, I will say the word.

BTW, we only get the Xsara 1.6i VTR 16V or 2.0i VTS 16V Coupé here.

See also: http://www.veho.fi/citroen_wpp/script/docfilter.asp?mallisto\hinnasto\index.htm#xsara

It is in Finnish ...

Patrick
Thanks for that Patrick! :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts