BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
More interference from The Makers of the "Ultimate Driving Machine"!
馃ぃ. You have too much time on your hands. Which one is this that you're working on? BTW, I find your posts informative so thanks. I've stopped questioning why BMW does different things

BeeemerBro
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
. You have too much time on your hands. Which one is this that you're working on? BTW, I find your posts informative so thanks. I've stopped questioning why BMW does different things
I wouldn't argue with you EJL.

But if you knew the crap I've been dealing with for the last 2 years got to keep my mind occupied...but thats another story.
I find these easily removable slide tabs (splash guards?) on the 06, and on none of the others, but once recently I tore into both engines at the same time, the 05 and the 06 RescueRed...(pure sign that I have too much time on my hands) so weeks later when I came back to the project (can't tell you now what the focus was )
I switched the two components...so whats pictured is the 05 aka... WhiteWings!

Registered
I wouldn't argue with you EJL.

But if you knew the crap I've been dealing with for the last 2 years got to keep my mind occupied...but thats another story.
I find these easily removable slide tabs (splash guards?) on the 06, and on none of the others, but once recently I tore into both engines at the same time, the 05 and the 06 RescueRed...(pure sign that I have too much time on my hands) so weeks later when I came back to the project (can't tell you now what the focus was )
I switched the two components...so whats pictured is the 05 aka... WhiteWings!
It's always better to keep your mind busy especially when life throws us major curve balls. May I ask why you don't have an X3 with the N52? Just curious.

BeeemerBro
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
May I ask why you don't have an X3 with the N52? Just curious.
Oooh Boy! Am I going to bite...
But you'll remember some months ago an 07 I was looking at...the guy ended up selling it for $100, down from $900 clean but didn't have keys or title. I suspect a divorce property spat.
I was skeptical but knowing I could have gotten it for $100 bucks! I would have jumped on it.But it was gone when I got serious.
Finally, my eye brows raise every time when I see the amount of posts concerning the n52 engine daily and by the week. Just too common and Just too much of a red flag for me.

Registered
Oooh Boy! Am I going to bite...
But you'll remember some months ago an 07 I was looking at...the guy ended up selling it for $100, down from $900 clean but didn't have keys or title. I suspect a divorce property spat.
I was skeptical but knowing I could have gotten it for $100 bucks! I would have jumped on it.But it was gone when I got serious.
Finally, my eye brows raise every time when I see the amount of posts concerning the n52 engine daily and by the week. Just too common and Just too much of a red flag for me.
If you come across another at a great price , please let me know as I will jump on it. Parts alone would have covered the 100. Fortunately, we have had pretty good luck with ours and we have 206k and still going. I'll be replacing the original driveshaft in a couple of weeks as I replaced a blown carrier bearing and it had a very minimal vibration and then the guibo to fix the slight vibration but the driveshaft is likely our of balance now. The wife loves her X3 and I do maintain it regularly. I couldn't keep up with 3 like you do, 馃槀. At 54, my memory might mix me up if I had 3 馃ぃ

BeeemerBro
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
If you come across another at a great price , please let me know as I will jump on it. Parts alone would have covered the 100. Fortunately, we have had pretty good luck with ours and we have 206k and still going. I'll be replacing the original driveshaft in a couple of weeks as I replaced a blown carrier bearing and it had a very minimal vibration and then the guibo to fix the slight vibration but the driveshaft is likely our of balance now. The wife loves her X3 and I do maintain it regularly. I couldn't keep up with 3 like you do, . At 54, my memory might mix me up if I had 3

Yeah,will do.... good cars in my opinion.
If you take care of it, it will take care of you. On the 04 (the gray ghost) I have to replace the rear drive shaft soon. i have one on the shelf. Lately the X3s has been coming to the boneyard frequently. So far 5 in total. Two of them were 07 were pristine! Written on the windshield was...

"will not start!"

I picked the wheels...great tire condition. I also picked the running boards.
I wanted to pick the rear rotors but didn't have time. I would have liked to pick the front leather seats...but i don't need'em.
I don't mix up the exact miles on each. Everyone is around 220k.
So far the following 2 things i get mixed-up on.

1which car did i use last
2 which car did i leave my wallet in
Bonus...which car can i take on a road trip.

So i keep up pretty good.
That's why everyone gets an oil change at the start of the month.

Registered
Yeah,will do.... good cars in my opinion.
If you take care of it, it will take care of you. On the 04 (the gray ghost) I have to replace the rear drive shaft soon. i have one on the shelf. Lately the X3s has been coming to the boneyard frequently. So far 5 in total. Two of them were 07 were pristine! Written on the windshield was...

"will not start!"

I picked the wheels...great tire condition. I also picked the running boards.
I wanted to pick the rear rotors but didn't have time. I would have liked to pick the front leather seats...but i don't need'em.
I don't mix up the exact miles on each. Everyone is around 220k.
So far the following 2 things i get mixed-up on.

1which car did i use last
2 which car did i leave my wallet in
Bonus...which car can i take on a road trip.

So i keep up pretty good.
That's why everyone gets an oil change at the start of the month.
馃ぃ Loved the description of which car as that would be me.

5 in the bone yard? Wow. I might need to visit your area. What did you give per wheel? The driveshaft isn't that bad to do. Maintenance is key to most vehicles.

Anti-Hack
Of the junk yard 5, how many were M54 cars?

Lack of quantitative data when posting absurd assumptions really annoys me. The N52 is a proven engine that fixes nearly ALL of the M54鈥檚 problems, which are numerous. @edycol loves to track his N52 to great success.

Please post ONE issue with the N52 that is NOT shared with the M54. Preferably, from personal experience, NOT from making some half judged guess based on posts.

I鈥檒l wait.

Buy socks on Amazon, not car parts.

Registered

Lack of qualitative data when posing absurd assumptions really annoys me. The N52 is a proven engine that fixes nearly ALL of the M54鈥檚 problems, which are numerous. @edycol loves to track his N52 to great success.

Please post ONE issue with the N52 that is NOT shared with the M54. Preferably, from personal experience, NOT from making some half judged guess based on posts.

I鈥檒l wait.

As I said, we have had good luck with ours and the wife loves her X3. I mentioned selling it today after I get the new driveshaft in and I got the dirtiest look. Might be sleeping on the couch for a few nights, 馃槀

BeeemerBro
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Lack of qualitative data when posting absurd assumptions really annoys me. The N52 is a proven engine that fixes nearly ALL of the M54鈥檚 problems, which are numerous. @edycol loves to track his N52 to great success.

I鈥檒l wait.

Speaking of "annoys me"
let's add an important stipulation.... while your "waiting"...
Hold your breath!

Sent from my 9029W using Tapatalk

BeeemerBro
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Loved the description of which car as that would be me.

5 in the bone yard? Wow. I might need to visit your area. What did you give per wheel? The driveshaft isn't that bad to do. Maintenance is key to most vehicles.
No problems here!
Another area of potential confusion...the Key!
From the bottom...
1RescueRed
2Gray Ghost
3White Wings

Anti-Hack
Speaking of "annoys me"
let's add an important stipulation.... while your "waiting"...
Hold your breath!

It鈥檚 a simple question, one that you鈥檙e never able to answer. You constantly insinuate that the N52 is a junk engine, with the 鈥07 being the worst of them all, which only attempts to alienate those owners. If you鈥檙e going to make such claims, you need to provide quantitative data in support, especially as you鈥檝e never touched the engine. Numbers are simple, yet you never post them. If posts are a statistically valid source of data, then the M54 is a dumpster fire of an engine compared to the M52, according to the E46 board. We could play that game going back years, and claim that BMW hasn鈥檛 made a quality, reliable engine since the M10. So you even know what the M10 is? So why is the N52 an unreliable mess?

If we鈥檙e going on posts alone, examine your record: the M54 X3 is a cobbled mess, they spend weeks in the shop to still not get fixed, CELs are lit for years with no way of diagnosing and fixing them, the AC almost never works, and the X3 is such an unreliable turd that simply driving it 250 miles (on a tank of fuel no less!) and not breaking down is surprising. Most of us know that the E83 is the opposite, but see the picture that your own posts paint?

Regarding the pictures item in the first post of this thread, consider that one of the many items that the LCI update in 2007 fixed. ;)

Here's some quantitative data that supports the N52/6L45 combo:

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

Material property Font Parallel Pattern Number

And here's some background reading on the N52 platform, which actually is the pinnacle of naturally aspirated BMW engine design, a fantastically power-dense powerplant given its relatively low mass.

Attachments

BeeemerBro
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And here's some background reading

I think your taking this post a bit too serious.
Take a deep breath friend!
At the end of the day we are going to have to leave all of this stuff behind!
Step away from the keyboard compose yourself!
None can relay on a deranged man.

where da clutch at ?
2020 BMW 230i
EVERYTHING in a car (or a BMW) is there for a reason. everything. plain and simple every extra part or every extra piece of material costs money, even if it's a 10th of a cent, over a millions cars, over 10 years is MONEY

NOW can you live without "that" bit, hmmm who knows, extra pieces of metal or plastic is designed that way, it would NOT be on the car otherwise.

Sometimes it's needed for production sometimes its a fix or recall things, the designer who put it there you can be sure put it there for a reason

Reactions: Zeichen311

Anti-Hack
None can relay on a deranged man.
Sigh. If you鈥檙e going to attempt to insult someone, please make it comprehensible.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts