BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Smoke tires, not drugs
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so...both my angel eyes on the left side blew out and i'm trying to figure out if i should leave the color blue thats in there or if i should go to another color....i was thinking about doing red angel eyes, but wasn't sure if that would look good on my car with the 8000k HID's and all...also, if i put the red bulbs in the angel eyes, should i hook up the daytime running light and put a red bulb in that also?

so either...

blue angel eyes like so....

or red angel eyes like so....

http://www.goodstuffs4u.com/ebayauction/ANGELEYE_CCFL_RINGS_RED_D.jpg

please let me know what you think...

·
<-NIKi
1,875 Posts
I like those red ones a lot. But I dont really know how good that theyd look on your car.. Id prob stick w/ the blue.

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
Score!!

The reds would just make it look a little out of place on such a beautiful car

·
Smoke tires, not drugs
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i figured red night give it a little meaner look with it. i'm probably going to go blue...i emailed the guy and asked him to send me pictures of the blue ones lit up in the dark....they should be blue...they're 6000k

·
Smoke tires, not drugs
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm just going to fix the ones i have in my car now (put new LED's in it) does anyone know what LED's they use? ie. brand, volts?

·
The Dakar Dream
870 Posts
Your local cops must be really slack if u even considered red!! Look evil though dont they!! Love the look wouldnt love the fine\ getting car crushed!! Not to mention u'll confuse all the people driving towards u and ur more likely to end up gettin in a crash!! Where'd u get the sticker from? Can u order them off here somewhere??

·
Smoke tires, not drugs
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your local cops must be really slack if u even considered red!! Look evil though dont they!! Love the look wouldnt love the fine\ getting car crushed!! Not to mention u'll confuse all the people driving towards u and ur more likely to end up gettin in a crash!! Where'd u get the sticker from? Can u order them off here somewhere??
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155448

that should answer your question perfectly

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
nothing beats pure white
Thanks Dom!
I think any colour other than white is getting to be a bit rice.
Yes, I think 'rice' is a bad word and I use it often as an insult.
Hints of blue and purple as you get into higher intensity are fine, but when you sacrifice light performance for colours, you're getting into rice.

·
Smoke tires, not drugs
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so i just ordered new angel eyes....same ones i have...and then when i get them i'm going to put extra small resisters to make the angel eye LED's last longer.....after i figure out the calculation on what resister that is...

·
BMW FETISH!!!
5,405 Posts
Ohh Nooo!
Dont tell me your getting LED ones :S:S:S:S

1 - 20 of 33 Posts