BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What source would be good to get some nice Angel Eyes Headlights with DRL, at a great price Guys for my 1990 E34 535i????

I'm Hoping to purchase tonight.

·
Nothin like an E34
3,548 Posts
My opinion, angel eyes do not look good on the e34 because that is what they are imitating.
I would suggest looking up pics of them on Google first.
Other than that i would say ebay would be the best option, and you will not find them with DRL, that is in the cars wiring, but a simple module change will put DRL onto your stock lights, and any lights you add.
Find a Canadian LKM for DRL, ore just remember to turn the lights on when you get in.

·
I'm from NJ. So What!?!
2,247 Posts

Nah I'll speak my peace and be informative.

The Angel eye topic has been touched upon a lot. I mean a WHOLE LOT.
Actually more than "what type of wheels fit blah, blah, blah." or "I'm getting a shimmy at 45mph, please help."

There are some strong opinions about it. Some can be real disheartening for anyone
wanting to install them on a e34 (I've said quite a few of these quotes)

SO. IMO it's your car do what you will.

That said if your asking for opinions.
Mine is simple. Don't do it.

Angel eyes were designed specifically to pay homage to the early BMWs with circular lens.
And has been that way ever since. Even non-bmws bow down to the Blue and White moniker when placed in their specific application.
In that vain they are redundant.

Now the best upgrade you can do are E-Codes/Smiley headlights.
There are many examples of them and you can find them on most forums or ebay.
That's said if you go with smileys (like most parts) you have to know what brand to run with.
The best are Bosch hands down. For they not only look good, they also have metal housings which allow a HID retrofit to be installed flawlessly.
Hella are second to them and are more readily available. After these two part giants you have the aftermarket knock offs.
I've heard both sides of the fence with them. So you have to choose wisely and pay close attention to the product quality.

Again it's your car. Do what make you happy.
I'm just giving you both sides of this.
Good luck :thumbup:

·
Got Beemer?
917 Posts
SATIN AND ZOMBIE have it it on the head. I put 10k angels in my lights when I replaced the cracked glass and I took them out within 30 days. They have no business on an e34 like SATIN said smileys are a good option. Like said it is your e34 and you will do what you want in the end but may come back after install and say well i kinda regret it now like i did.

ALPINA

·
I'm from NJ. So What!?!
2,247 Posts
ZH.....

·
Nothin like an E34
3,548 Posts

·
Every Ricers Nemesis
435 Posts
I almost went the with angel eyes but quickly decided not to cause every freakin ricer, mustang and challenger have em now! Im going with amber highbeams instead :supdude:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
There are a couple guys in Europe who will sell you factory original smiley headlights on a certain E34 classified site *cough* bimmerforums.com *cough* at a reasonable price. The name Seventhstoned comes to mind, for some reason.

·
I'm from NJ. So What!?!
2,247 Posts
There are a couple guys in Europe who will sell you factory original smiley headlights on a certain E34 classified site *cough* bimmerforums.com *cough* at a reasonable price. The name Seventhstoned comes to mind, for some reason.
Sskoda also. He's a staple over there in the e34 subforum classifieds.

·
Nothin like an E34
3,548 Posts
Really?
Now i really should join that forum instead of just crawling it, don't have to worry about getting know-offs from ebay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts