Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I'm currently having an issue with the angel eyes on my E46 330ci. I bought a set of angel eyes from e-bay but since I don't have it with DIYs I went to a shop and tell them to install them. The thing is that I want the DRL to be disabled while the AEs are on. This guy took off the DRL and placed them behind the lights in the engine bay with tin foil and they still come on with the lights on, and when I want to use the parking lights, when the blinker switch is turned to the left the angel eyes are off and when it's turned to the right all the angel eyes are on. Is there a way to plug the DRL back in the lights while disabling them, but enabling them to work as parking lights only and the angel eyes to get disabled?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the parking lights? If I disable the DRL does that mean the parking lights won***8217;t work? Also how to disable the angel eyes while turning on the parking lights when the car is off? I know for a fact I cannot use the angel eyes as parking lights as they can***8217;t be turned on independently on each side (left and right).

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Coding DRL off should not disable the parking light function. If done right....

Taking the bulbs off and wrapping them in foil. I’m both appalled and LOLing at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went at the dealer and they said they can code me the DLR off but that would disable the front parking lights... and only the rear will work.

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
I went at the dealer and they said they can code me the DLR off but that would disable the front parking lights... and only the rear will work.
My car has DRL's off and parking light feature working. It's been that way since new as it never had the DRL's on.
Dealers are only good for warranty jobs, and even then it's a stretch. I would go to the coding subforum and search / inquire there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I placed an order on the BMW Scanner, now I have to wait. In the meantime I have to change the LCM as the car is a 2000 model and was converted by the previous owner to a facelift but it still has the original LCM. The high beams are flickering and also the side repeaters. Does anyone know if the new LCM requires coding for it to fit and if yes can it be done with BMW Scanner 1.4 and how?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Someone was able to create 2 wire connectors instead of 1 that it already had for the angel eyes so they work as parking lights. Now they turn on independently left and right. The only thing I have to do now is disable the DRL and the original parking lights with BMW Scanner. Anyone got a clue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts