BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to get the angel eyes working when they go out? MY drivers side are out, is it just a bulb somewhere?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
sounds like you need to take it to the dealer , if your waranty expires then by the brighter ones from ebay

·
what?
397 Posts
I dont think the dealer warranties lightbulbs. They warranty the HID headlights and the LED tailights but they dont warranty standard lightbulbs....those are considered normal wear and tear. The bulb for the angel eye is a simple Ba9 5watt bayonnet style bulb.

·
My other car is faster
199 Posts
Mine went out on the passenger side. Took it to the dealer and they fixed it under warranty. The work order says they had to remove the entire front bumper shell. Way to go BMW!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
they do fix angel eyes under warranty

·
Registered
121 Posts
I pulled the car in the garage and got the shot.. They look way better then those factory yellow angel eyes in my opinion.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
whoa u can barly see those!

·
Registered
367 Posts
just had to get mine replaced...cost me like $130 w/ labor...not too bad...I'd just let them do it
Mine was broken to. Also on the drivers side, since that's the side where I sometimes use the Parking light.
Had it repaired month ago for about € 80,- witch is somewhere around $ 110,- or so

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
PS.. by no means am I endorsing the "plug and play" aspect of this product, nor do I suggest buying this product with the intent on doing it yourself.

·
Be My Wife.
358 Posts
The eye bulb is a unit.
If it's broken, you need a new unit from delaer. however, i changed them by myself.
Remove a lot of parts from engine bay, and then release the light unit. find the eye unit, undo it.
buy a 4W or 6W bulb from shop( I can't found any with 10W ), break the black part and brown part then remove the bulb from the seater. By using the super-glue to make them together.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts