Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I recently bought myself an e92 335xi. i saw that a lot of people’s angel eyes were for both rings, not just the inner ones. (if u don’t get what i mean i’ll include a picture) is it a problem with the angel eyes, the rings, or just the way they’re configured? and how would i get all the eyes lit up? IMG_4831.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can't really provide too much insight as to what could possibly be wrong but, assuming you've tested the lights on every setting and the outer ring never lights up, then something is wrong. Both rings on is the default setting for the lights, even during the day. Both rings and the inner bulb is the setting for the lights on at night, and both rings and bulbs on are your high beams. Hopefully someone else here can help you with troubleshooting.

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,772 Posts
What year is this E92? The housing doesn’t look like the LCI and the rings are a cool white LED color... With the halogen pre-LCI housings, one bulb lights both rings.

Are these aftermarket rings?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,772 Posts
Its normal, one bulb powers both rings

The inner one will always be brighter than the outer ring

The cheaper the LED kit you get the more obvious the brightness difference will be

What we’re seeing is NOT normal. The outer ring does not appear lit at all... not just dimmer than the inner bulb.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What year is this E92? The housing doesn’t look like the LCI and the rings are a cool white LED color... With the halogen pre-LCI housings, one bulb lights both rings.

Are these aftermarket rings?

it’s a 2008 e92. as far as i know they aren’t aftermarket rings

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,772 Posts
Are both sides doing it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its normal, one bulb powers both rings

The inner one will always be brighter than the outer ring

The cheaper the LED kit you get the more obvious the brightness difference will be

the guy didn’t mention what kit he used. what would you say is the best kit under $120

1 - 12 of 12 Posts