BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered DEPO angel eyes for my 97 528i which will require splicing/connecting the angel eyes to existing wiring. My question is can these be spliced into the parking light wire instead of the low beam headlight? I would like to be able to have the angel eyes on without the headlights when conditions allow. And if so, would this require a change of fuse to carry the slight additional load?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes

Yes its possible, I have a 2000 528i and I used Tap-In Squeeze connectors from Radio Shack. They were less than 5 bucks for a pack of ten. You just use them connectors to connect the angel eyes wiring to the parking light wire.

The best part is no cutting required. :thumbup: I wired mine to my amber fog lights, and they work fine.

hope this helps

·
Registered
57 Posts
when you are installing please do a write up w/ and pics, vids? i'm planning do the angle eyes thing soon too. im interested to learn about the splicing procedure

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you

Thanks for the kid responses and here's one more question. Could you please tell me which of the wires are for the parking light and which is for the turn signal filaments?

·
e39 m5 touring aspirant
1,725 Posts
They SHOULD be spliced into the parking lights. OEM angel eyes come on with the parking lights, not the low beams. You will not need a different fuse as the load is so little. They're just plug n' play, or should I say tap n' play.
another place to tap into are the fogs! :thumbup: cuz some of the older E39s doesn't give out too much surge from the PL...it happened to me with my 99 touring now but had no issues with my 00 touring...

Yes its possible, I have a 2000 528i and I used Tap-In Squeeze connectors from Radio Shack. They were less than 5 bucks for a pack of ten. You just use them connectors to connect the angel eyes wiring to the parking light wire.

The best part is no cutting required. :thumbup: I wired mine to my amber fog lights, and they work fine.

hope this helps
being with circuit city roadshop before...we avoid using tap in squeeze...due to the fact that theres a huge risk of actually cutting the copper within the wiring. 8 out of the 10 tries i used the taps, customers returned to get their stuff rewired...

i would strongly suggest splicing the right way and avoiding that risk...:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts