BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
R The Angel eyes suppose to be on during the day on my make and model.
The reason I ask is that I noticed they have never been on and lately see them flickering on sometimes.
I am still working on getting all the lites connected properly. Hope to check out another same model Bimmer.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nope, they are not Daytime Running Lights (DRL). They turn on with the headlights. Enabling the DRLs on your car would turn the high beams on low power when the ignition is on. However, you can rewire you angel eyes to turn on with the ignition like DRLs. This is a very popular topic so search for DRL and angel eyes to find out more.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Nope, they are not Daytime Running Lights (DRL). They turn on with the headlights. Enabling the DRLs on your car would turn the high beams on low power when the ignition is on. However, you can rewire you angel eyes to turn on with the ignition like DRLs. This is a very popular topic so search for DRL and angel eyes to find out more.
Really? I always thought they ran separately from the headlights. Unless they go on with the marker lights.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Really? I always thought they ran separately from the headlights. Unless they go on with the marker lights.
This. Mine come on when I turn the headlight switch to the first click/position. No headlights, just the angel eyes come on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine also turn on when turning the switch to first position.

But...I noticed when the car is running and the switch is turned off the angel eyes turn on for a split second constantly. I didn't notice this until recently after installation of my Aux Fan when checking to see if it was working, I noticed the angel eyes flickering on/off...:dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.