BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on changing the angel eye bulbs to super white as opposed to stock? I am thinking of doing it and wanted to know if anyone has done this yet and if you have pics. What do you think of my wheels? Thanks

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
do not buy Predator Ice. the product is a pos. they come with tons of wires and resistors where as the angel ibright is completly plug and play with no wires or anything.

clearly AIB is the winner. the AIB are brighter and more white where as the umnitza are less bright and purple. on left is andynolife's ( Predator Ice ) car and mine on the right ( AIB).

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
Hrmm..not sure which Predator ICE version you have but the ones we carry are 100% plug and play. Here is an installation video for the E39/E60/E65/E53 models.

However, the E90 unit is a completely different setup. We offer a full PDF installation guide to help you through, again- plug and play install and a direct fit.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
3,247 Posts
The Predator ICE for the E90 is an integrated unit with no external resistors in the newest version.

The Predator ICE for other models does have an external resistor and plug and play wiring to make installation easier as you can mount the resistor out of the tight headlight area.

·
Banned
392 Posts
do not buy Predator Ice. the product is a pos. they come with tons of wires and resistors where as the angel ibright is completly plug and play with no wires or anything.

clearly AIB is the winner. the AIB are brighter and more white where as the umnitza are less bright and purple. on left is andynolife's ( Predator Ice ) car and mine on the right ( AIB).
The pictures you posted do not show that AIB are brighter, they simply bleed more light (wider area causing it to look brighter). If you compare both cars, you will notice that the AIB's output is more blurry and not as sharp/solid like the Predator Ice. The Ice provides that sharp and clean look while the AIB seem to be more fuzzy.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
AIB seems fuzzy because its brighter thus making it harder to photograph
:agree: light can't be blurry in a fixed tube...

·
Registered
28 Posts
The pictures you posted do not show that AIB are brighter, they simply bleed more light (wider area causing it to look brighter). If you compare both cars, you will notice that the AIB's output is more blurry and not as sharp/solid like the Predator Ice. The Ice provides that sharp and clean look while the AIB seem to be more fuzzy.
Maybe you should switch your inventory to AIB's.

I also have AIB's and recommend them to everyone. Do not go with Predator Ice.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
+!000!!! AiB is the way to go! I have to second sunny, they are much brighter & harder to photograph. Seeing is believing!
Also they have the best customer service when compared to umnitzapoo!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
To add to this.. some of us on the e65/66 board had such bad experiences that it spurred a 25+ person group buy of the AIB product.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts

I like! Where did you get them and how much did they run?

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
i got them from angel ibright. we had a group buy a little while ago but im sure you can still get the GB price. call dave at AIB and ask him about the GB.
Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts