BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around a lot on these forums and i saw a lot of the pictures of your guys e46's..so i was wondering, how difficult is it to install angel eyes? i don't wanna take any unnecessary risks as i am only a college student and can't afford any mess ups or anything =\

thanks in advance for the responses!

·
Registered
934 Posts
I've been looking around a lot on these forums and i saw a lot of the pictures of your guys e46's..so i was wondering, how difficult is it to install angel eyes? i don't wanna take any unnecessary risks as i am only a college student and can't afford any mess ups or anything =\

thanks in advance for the responses!
I'm going to give you a piece of advice that some on here will take issue with. If you have to depend on your car, every day, all day, rain or shine, do not, repeat DO NOT modify anything. Read all about the mods, and then read where something is broken, and how do I fix it?

·
Noone Special
673 Posts
I'm going to give you a piece of advice that some on here will take issue with. If you have to depend on your car, every day, all day, rain or shine, do not, repeat DO NOT modify anything. Read all about the mods, and then read where something is broken, and how do I fix it?
+1 I agree, but what fun would that be

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
My car has quite a lot of mods and in 9 years of ownership it has never left me stranded. I think the caveat is more along the lines of 'if you're going to modify your car, don't do a [email protected] job of it'.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the offer jake but i'm probably not going to get them until may or june.
and @marinekilz & stickbuilder..is it really taht big of a deal if i just do angel eyes and an hid kit?
i'm not doing anything too fancy, i just want it to look a little bit better :)

·
Registered
934 Posts
If you are going to do the HID conversion, use OEM and not aftermarket. Its more expensive, but you probably won't get punched out by someone that you blinded while using a retro kit.

·
Rambling Wreck
2,073 Posts
My car has quite a lot of mods and in 9 years of ownership it has never left me stranded. I think the caveat is more along the lines of 'if you're going to modify your car, don't do a [email protected] job of it'.
Exactly. In addition to doing the work right with quality materials and methods, one of the keys to making a project go off without a hitch is to think of the ways in which disaster could strike, then figure out how to deal with these circumstances should they arise - have certain tools/safety gear on hand, keep extra fasteners and other small parts, have my mechanic on speed dial, etc.

·
Cogito Ergo Zoom
3,579 Posts
http://www.fastm.com/m3/angeleyes_orionv2.html

I followed these instructions. The Angel Eyes look great and I've had no problems except for once when one side went dim. After inspection, it turned out I missed soldering one connection. Go slowly and carefully and everything should be fine. If this is done correctly, it shouldn't affect anything else on your car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts