BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Announcing the "BMW Year-End Event" Going on Right Now... at BMW Santa Barbara!

Here is our current advertised special on the E90s at BMW Santa Barbara. It's only $299.00/month. What you will likely need to know
is that the amount of cash needed up front is $4,924 plus tax, license, $45 doc. fee, ..etc. (realistically $5,500.00 +/-). There are 9
to choose from. Content on each vehicle varies, so will exact payment, but they are all similar to this sample which is a Titanium
Silver Metallic / Black Leather Value Package Steptronic 328i with power seats, and BMW Assist with Bluetooth. VIN#A446188.

http://youtu.be/2wuIJ5T7Hyw

Thank You and Mele Kalikimaka!

Jon Shafer, Bimmerfest Founder

P.S. This is what they look like parked at our legendary BMW Center in Santa Barbara -- the Birthplace of Bimmerfest...

·
Greg Poland Pacific BMW
3,135 Posts
Now that's a deal......... well written Jon.... i'm sure you'll move those units quickly. Have a great weekend, sell, sell, sell!

·
Registered
947 Posts
So basically the only profit the dealer is making is a $200 markup on the bank fee from 725 to 925. Fantastic deal for anyone in the market for a 328!

·
Greg Poland Pacific BMW
3,135 Posts
just a quick FYI...... BMW only pays dealership $140 of that $200 markup on $925 acq fee

·
Who, me?
2,733 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll take the base acq.fee and $140 over invoice, then.... LOL
I have to put something on the back end of the deal for our lovely F&I girls, Susannah and
Kami, since both are paid on commission, and need to get paid a token something for their
efforts in getting your credit approvals and managing the documentation/paperwork part
of the transaction...

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
I'm proposing a similar deal on my local dealership. The wife's 09 328i is coming off lease in March. With the OLP reductions in MF and cap cost and the outstanding residual, my numbers tell me I can lease a $44225 car for under $350/month (only thing down would be MSDs). Does anyone know where all the 27 month lease is available? So far, most of the folks doing it are in the northeast. Is it available in the southeast? A 36 month lease will be a little higher payment for me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Why should anyone pay a mark up on acquisition fee or mark up on money factor. Too many dealers to choose from that will charge the "buy rate". Walk (run) away from a dealer that is trying to make a profit on those items.

If they are trying to screw with you on those items, where else are they trying to play games. Doc fees?

Real disappointing.

Mark

·
Registered
73 Posts
Why should anyone pay a mark up on acquisition fee or mark up on money factor. Too many dealers to choose from that will charge the "buy rate". Walk (run) away from a dealer that is trying to make a profit on those items.

If they are trying to screw with you on those items, where else are they trying to play games. Doc fees?

Real disappointing.

Mark
Dummy - when you pay anything over invoice - you are also paying a "markup".

The guy is offering invoice - move along troll.

Unless of course - Jon is trying to screw us... are youu??? :dunno: :rofl:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Dummy - when you pay anything over invoice - you are also paying a "markup".

The guy is offering invoice - move along troll.

Unless of course - Jon is trying to screw us... are youu??? :dunno: :rofl:
Will,

Watch what you say Will. You can try to deceive normal walk ins but those on this board would like a little more honesty.

Most dealers on the East Coast are selling 3 series for $1,000 UNDER invoice , and they do not pad the fees like you do. I guess your customers just don't care.

Not trying to troll...but only keep you honest. Hope you agree with that principle.

Mark

·
Registered
73 Posts
Will,

Watch what you say Will. You can try to deceive normal walk ins but those on this board would like a little more honesty.

Most dealers on the East Coast are selling 3 series for $1,000 UNDER invoice , and they do not pad the fees like you do. I guess your customers just don't care.

Not trying to troll...but only keep you honest. Hope you agree with that principle.

Mark
$1,000 under invoice - with loyalty.

You are very negative, Mark.

I assure you there is no deception and dishonesty here.

How can you even look at the sale thread above and say "dishonesty" - it is all there in black and white.

There is not one board sponsor that wouldn't give anybody here a fantastic deal - and we pay to support this board.

You go run a long and get yours for $8,000 below invoice with no fees from some new england dealer.

We won't miss you :thumbup:

·
Registered
308 Posts
$1,000 under invoice - with loyalty.

You are very negative, Mark.

I assure you there is no deception and dishonesty here.

How can you even look at the sale thread above and say "dishonesty" - it is all there in black and white.

There is not one board sponsor that wouldn't give anybody here a fantastic deal - and we pay to support this board.

You go run a long and get yours for $8,000 below invoice with no fees from some new england dealer.

We won't miss you :thumbup:
Ok Will - time to play.

I am not being negative and only am bringing up one point. BTW- you started with "Dummy" which I will let that go for now.

Padding the fees from what the store is charged by BMW Financial is your right as a seller but as a buyer, just wrong in my view. And don't try to BS me that this is your only markup on a unit that you are selling at invoice. I don't think so and you know the truth.

You are entitled to sell the car for whatever you want. And in CA, maybe it is customary to profit on each and every transaction charge. But many dealers on the East Coast (BTW - I have no clue about New England and I see you have no clue that New Jersey is not part of New England) are selling $1,000 UNDER invoice and then apply all the other loyalty and year end push incentives.

So, quit throwing jabs and stop being so nasty because I am challenging your pricing. Maybe in your reply you can explain to all of us the 3-4% additional incentive that your store receives on each unit sold. And it is likely even more with the year end spiffs. And then lets talk about the difference between invoice and your REAL cost.

Thanks for your thoughtful replies to date.

Mark

·
Cruising 280 Top Down
6,089 Posts
Yea!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ok Will - time to play.

I am not being negative and only am bringing up one point. BTW- you started with "Dummy" which I will let that go for now.

Padding the fees from what the store is charged by BMW Financial is your right as a seller but as a buyer, just wrong in my view. And don't try to BS me that this is your only markup on a unit that you are selling at invoice. I don't think so and you know the truth.

You are entitled to sell the car for whatever you want. And in CA, maybe it is customary to profit on each and every transaction charge. But many dealers on the East Coast (BTW - I have no clue about New England and I see you have no clue that New Jersey is not part of New England) are selling $1,000 UNDER invoice and then apply all the other loyalty and year end push incentives.

So, quit throwing jabs and stop being so nasty because I am challenging your pricing. Maybe in your reply you can explain to all of us the 3-4% additional incentive that your store receives on each unit sold. And it is likely even more with the year end spiffs. And then lets talk about the difference between invoice and your REAL cost.

Thanks for your thoughtful replies to date.

Mark
Let me ask you this, whats wrong with charging a 200 markup on the acquistion fee so the F&I dept can have a little bit as Jon said? His offer is invoice, which is good enough as it is.

I still don't understand how you can look at this thread and say dishonesty, its as clear as can be really

As far as your argument with Will goes, he's the most straightforward and honest CA I have ever dealt with like most board sponsors on this forum.

People like you are the reason more board sponsors don't post here :thumbdwn:

·
I know a thing or two...
7,440 Posts
Let me ask you this, whats wrong with charging a 200 markup on the acquistion fee so the F&I dept can have a little bit as Jon said? His offer is invoice, which is good enough as it is.

I still don't understand how you can look at this thread and say dishonesty, its as clear as can be really

As far as your argument with Will goes, he's the most straightforward and honest CA I have ever dealt with like most board sponsors on this forum.

People like you are the reason more board sponsors don't post here :thumbdwn:
+1

Jon is being totally fair and transparent here. This is a very, very reasonable deal. If you don't like it, don't take him up on it. No need to come here attacking him for trying to pull a fast one on anybody.

·
Registered
308 Posts
+1

Jon is being totally fair and transparent here. This is a very, very reasonable deal. If you don't like it, don't take him up on it. No need to come here attacking him for trying to pull a fast one on anybody.
I appreciate your interpretation of the deal as being very fair to you. My interpretation is different. Maybe we just have different thresholds of what we are willing or not willing to pay for. I do not like padding of BMW Finance fees; I do not like padding of doc fees; I do not like padding of motor vehicle registration fees (BTW - a number of dealers got their hands slapped by the State Attorney General for such deceptive practices).

Re-read the posts. And look at Will's post and see how it turns. Being a "Fest Sponsor" does not give him the right to start with Dummy and other comments. Frankly, I know as much if not more about the inner workings of BMW operations than he does.

I have a low tolerance for BS and maybe that is my problem. So save the comments that he is selling it at invoice and entitled to make a profit by padding transaction costs. Invoice is not cost. Far from it. Some dealers just hold their head up a little higher. Even though they are not a "fest sponsor".

Mark

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.