BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 94 318is and I'll be driving when at random I will hear three beeps coming from the dash. I don't know what they are. No lights go on and it always happens at different times. I'm wonderng if it's some electrical short or something. Any help would be great. Also does anyone know what kind of glue to use for areas on the door panels that are peeling up a bit?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Do you have a digital clock with digital check control display??
Check if you have the MEMO enabled...

If yes, there's a ".)))" icon to the lower right of the clock.
Press Memo key to disable it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
also if you have exterior temp sensor, the check control unit beeps if the temp is 35 degrees f or colder to warn you of possible black ice conditions.

·
Retired Slacker
6,711 Posts
silverball said:
also if you have exterior temp sensor, the check control unit beeps if the temp is 35 degrees f or colder to warn you of possible black ice conditions.
Brandon lives near San Diego, CA. Doubtful that its 35 or colder in May!!! :rofl:

·
328i crazyman
24 Posts
BrandonG6 said:
I drive a 94 318is and I'll be driving when at random I will hear three beeps coming from the dash. I don't know what they are. No lights go on and it always happens at different times. I'm wonderng if it's some electrical short or something. Any help would be great. Also does anyone know what kind of glue to use for areas on the door panels that are peeling up a bit?
Yeah i also have this... i dont remember if the memo thing is on though. Ill check next time im in the car... What does the memo thing do anyway?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was about to post about the same problem, because mine has beeped at me twice today. As soon as it beeped, I looked at the check control, but nothing was indicated there, or on the dash. Also, it was a beautiful hot day out... The first time, I thought maybe it was because I wasn't wearing a seat belt, but the second time it happened I was. Only other time it did this before today was when I test drove the car a couple of weeks ago - the previous owner told me it happens every so often and he'd never been able to figure out what the heck it was about...

·
U know how the game goes
705 Posts
davewmarkert said:
Yeah i also have this... i dont remember if the memo thing is on though. Ill check next time im in the car... What does the memo thing do anyway?
Basically just like an alarm clock.

To the right of the time display on the OBC do you have what appears to be a dot with 3 semi-circles to the right? ( thats the best way i can describe the symbol, i think its supposed to represent a speaker with sound waves radiating from it)

This would indicate that the memo reminder is active.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The beeps are to tell you that you are coming up to the next hour - like digital wathces do, or old wind up clocks from the olden days - the clock beeps at one minute b4 the hour - like 11:59, etc.

Same for the OBC outside temp - at 35-36 degrees - for ice.

·
I want a 335ci
262 Posts
you can also change when it beeps, I think if you hold down the memo button it will let you choose at what time during the hour that it will beep.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Really? That's cool - I never bothered to check it out - I just figured it was built to do it one minute before the hour. I just read the manual enough to set the clock and etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts