Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
<- Bailey
7,656 Posts
+1 all the morons driving speed limit in the passing lane needs to hand over their driver license... seriously.
Jersey cops wont ticket you for 10 over either. Shoot, they don't even see you at 10 over. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Oh yeah thats the best thing to do... yep! Make a potentially dangerous situation worse...

Some drivers seriously have no regards for other peoples saftey or lives...

:thumbdwn:

·
<- Bailey
7,656 Posts
I was doing 105 on the autobahn during my ED. This SLK comes up on me doing at least 150. Whoosh, he flies by me. On the left. I was in the right lane. I stay in the right lane, unless I am, or want to be, going faster than those in the right lane. When I am done going faster than those in the right lane, I am back in the right lane.

(It is a kick doing 130 in the left lane, with other guys, passing slowpokes doing a mere hundred....and then having all of us move over to the right, like we were formation flying, to let a Porsche blow past us at about 180. That will focus your driving.)

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Yeah unfortunately, our arrogance here in the USA doesn't allow drivers like that the same courtesy. Well I take that back... most people in the south will use the left lane to pass only and move back to the right lane.. almost every freakin driver in NJ, NY that I have experienced drive like they own the roads.. Its like they have no clue.

·
<- Bailey
7,656 Posts
Yeah unfortunately, our arrogance here in the USA doesn't allow drivers like that the same courtesy. Well I take that back... most people in the south will use the left lane to pass only and move back to the right lane.. almost every freakin driver in NJ, NY that I have experienced drive like they own the roads.. Its like they have no clue.
Yeah, and add Massachusetts to that list.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Fyi

I96 is the detroit autobahn. Everything else applies except the norm is drivers without brains...so in essence it is like a high speed crash avoidance course. And the road sux too! So the porsche blowing past at 180 is cool...and to be expected by people that take pride in their autos...but in detroit...there are no rules...and the insurance is no fault...so if you are in an accident because of someone else...it is your ins that pays...

So the moral of the story...What applies in the rest of the normal world ...simply does not apply in Detroit Michigan. There grandmas drive 80 and still do the same dumb ass stuff they did at 35...so there is no equanimity...there is simply survival!

·
Registered
37 Posts
+1 all the morons driving speed limit in the passing lane needs to hand over their driver license... seriously.
Damn straight! Nothing is more infuriating than some snapperhead cruising along in the passing lane with a line of cars a 1/2 mile long behind them waiting to pass the cement truck puttering by in the right lane.

And if they're talking on a cell phone with one of those little cockapoodles sitting in their lap they should be taking the bus. :thumbdwn:

·
Coole Russen
1,304 Posts
Follow the junker in the right lane ...and when your car has more stone chips in it than I96 then we will talk...
There's sign, as I remember, that says "Slower traffic keep right", US drivers suck but not all of them.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
So im driving home last night on the freeway taking it around 60-70mph since i dont wanna blow out anothing mount due to potholes so i watch the road and dont drive fast ...anyway this idiot e60 is behind me honking his horn over 20 times !!! keep in mind the roads were crap so i didnt speed up, not worth it.. he was riding my @ss honking i felt like jamming on my brakes and ruining his night ..but the gf was there so i kept it cool

i dunno just wanted to share ..next time if im by myself i would chase the mofo and then he will be sorry
Sorry bud, you are in the wrong.

You are driving the left lane, somebody is asking to pass you, YOU move to the right! End of story.

mw

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Sorry bud, you are in the wrong.

You are driving the left lane, somebody is asking to pass you, YOU move to the right! End of story.

mw
Well actually , it wasnt even a lane at all ( no lines) ..it was towards construction around cross island pky and meeting the van w- clear sign in orange saying speed limit was 55 ...i was doing 60-70 if he wanted to pass he shouldnt of honked im clearing doing over the limit already. if he wanted to be speed racer im sure he coulda save the trouble and gone around me

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well actually , it wasnt even a lane at all ( no lines) ..it was towards construction around cross island pky and meeting the van w- clear sign in orange saying speed limit was 55 ...i was doing 60-70 if he wanted to pass he shouldnt of honked im clearing doing over the limit already. if he wanted to be speed racer im sure he coulda save the trouble and gone around me
I`m sorry dude but you are WRONG!!! Did you had any idea why another driver try to pass you so fast [ over speed limit ? ] . Maybe another driver had emergency? You just didn`t care!!!!! You simple try be cool with your GF. !!! and of story!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
E30 Maniac
2,461 Posts
+10

I don't care if your doing the speed limit or not. GTFO if your not passing. It's not the motorists duty to enforce speed limits. leave that to the police. most often these left lane bandits are also the ones not watching what their doing and causing accidents.

·
E30 Maniac
2,461 Posts
couldn't you have moved over? he's not supposed to need to go around you..

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I`m sorry dude but you are WRONG!!! Did you had any idea why another driver try to pass you so fast [ over speed limit ? ] . Maybe another driver had emergency? You just didn`t care!!!!! You simple try be cool with your GF. !!! and of story!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES! your right i didnt care if he had to go to the toliet that bad ,.he coulda just dip around me

21 - 40 of 64 Posts