BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my '08 535xi wagon, but it has had some annoying gremlins that make me think the technology imbedded in the car has gotten away from BMW. After problems with the iPod "auxiliary" connection freezing and jumping on its own to the radio, and a passenger side rear view mirror that refused to hold its memory setting, I had the car taken in for a software upgrade. It's still not clear that the mirror holds its memory setting and, while the auxilliary no longer jumps to the radio on its own, it does sometimes freeze when I shift between it and using my cell phone through the Bluetooth connection. My dealer tells me that BMW does not guarantee flawless operation of the iPod connection, especially using a memory stick as I am doing. Oh well.

Earlier this week a new glitch showed up. The cover over the rear cargo area stopped automatically returning to its "down" position when the rear window or liftgate was closed. For about a day I had to manually pull it down. And then, suddenly yesterday, it began to close on its own as it's supposed to do. Obviously, I don't have a lot of confidence that it's going to continue working properly.

These are all glitches that mar only slightly an otherwise wonderful driving experience with this car. At this point, I'm thinking I never want another car make than a BMW. I'm concerned that my lease, which is up in November 2010, will end too early for BMW to have introduced a new wagon, but I'll have to play that part by ear. In the meantime, I hope they try to get their technology potential aligned with their technological capabilities.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Earlier this week a new glitch showed up. The cover over the rear cargo area stopped automatically returning to its "down" position when the rear window or liftgate was closed. For about a day I had to manually pull it down. And then, suddenly yesterday, it began to close on its own as it's supposed to do. Obviously, I don't have a lot of confidence that it's going to continue working properly.
Hmmm, Is the cover supposed to close in a 2006 530xiT?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts