1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
That's the 1st Rolls or Bentley I've ever seen that I didn't think was completely fugly.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Between that and an Aston Martin, I'd pick the Aston.

edit: And What's with the Hoffmeister Kink?

·
Think Snow!
415 Posts
I saw an interesting show last night (Not sure what channel as I recently got a dish and now have about six billion channels) about Bentleys and how they are made. Everything is built by hand and to the buyers specs. You can even pick the color thread you want the stiching in the leather to be. After seeing what is done to make the car the price doesn't seem so ridiculous.

·
Spelling Impaired
5,656 Posts
The front end of that car seems to have the same design theme as the latest generation of Rover/MG cars.

Did Bangle have his fingers in the Rover designs? If not, I wonder if there is another designed that stayed with BMW after they dumped the Rover motor group, because the front end of a Rover 75 and that Bentley are quite similar.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
No Flame Surfacing = no Bangle.

Its the upcoming RR01 I'm afraid of, since Bangle DOES have a hand in that. He'd better realize that at a quarter-million bucks a pop, RR customers don't wanna be taken to places they don't wanna go.

Ever since I saw the first pics of the GT, I thought it looks nice... but it doesn't look Bentley-ish at all. Aside from the Rover-ish grille, the body-to-glass proportions and some of the details (SC430 taillights) look rather Japanese.

As for thie Hoffmeister Kink, I noticed coming home from work yesterday that of all things, the late Impala SS has it. :rolleyes:

·
•••••••
16,118 Posts
Hoffmeister Kink?

Is that the bend at the top-front of the rear wheel well bulge?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I was reading about that Bentley 3 days ago. It'll be built to compete with Ferrari...

Oh well, nice to see that BMW's still a trendsetter :thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts