BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From WILMAN2772 here in Singapore. E46 320i. Business MD player. Titan II interior trim. :D :thumb:

IT BLOODY ROCKS!!! Now I can imagine myself being JPM or pretend I'm driving the M3! LOL... Imagine yourself driving down a straight doing 140kph in 4th. A corner looms ahead, step on the brakes drop the speed to 50 and click "-" twice in quick succesion. You're in 2nd and take the corner thru' the racing line... feed power through the bend (which haven't straighten out yet) and then upshift when the rev hits 6k... when the wheel is still being rotated. Putting both my hands & legs up in agreement!!!!!

As Vincent said, the grin factor is a definite 11 (outta scale of 10!) and I can see the merits of the system. Mine is 20 out of 10 :> !!!!!!!

Actually suede feels damn bloody goooooood!!!!

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Is that the Suede M3 wheel! :yikes:

Wow, an MD player too. Does that car have ASC, rather than DSC?

Looks great, Vince! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Yeah, but the paddles and wheel ended up on the wrong side:dunno: :lmao: :dunno:

Wonder what that stuff is below the light switches:dunno: Radar detector?:dunno: :dunno:

·
Addicted To Autocross
191 Posts
Hey, Vince...

That shifter. There is a similar one here that I looked into, but in the center it was bright chrome. That appears to be matt-chrome, which is what I would prefer. Is that matt-chrome or is just the picture and is there a part number for that, as I didn't find one in the accessory catalog.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
DougDogs said:

Wonder what that stuff is below the light switches:dunno: Radar detector?:dunno: :dunno:
Boost controller? :dunno: :lmao:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Looks great!

MD player? We don't get half of the good stuff other markets do... BMWNA, care to explain why??? :mad:

20,210 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Looks great!

MD player? We don't get half of the good stuff other markets do... BMWNA, care to explain why??? :mad:
How many people do you think even own MD's though? I know exactly one person who would find this option useful.

(Although I agree, there's no reason BMWNA shouldn't make it AVAILABLE to anyone that DID want one)

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Looks great!

Who wants MD in this country? I still don't understandy why Sony continues to insist on promoting a format in the US that was dead before it arrived.

Makes about as much sense as offering cassette in Japan, where MD replaced it years ago.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Guys, I don't care about MD either... Sorry if my post was somehow misleading. I was complaining about the options available in other countries but not in the US... Heck, we should also get a long list of options here. After all, NA is BMW's largest market, right?

·
I AM CANADIAN!
373 Posts
Re: Hey, Vince...

Shinobi said:
That shifter. There is a similar one here that I looked into, but in the center it was bright chrome. That appears to be matt-chrome, which is what I would prefer. Is that matt-chrome or is just the picture and is there a part number for that, as I didn't find one in the accessory catalog.
I have purchased the exact same shifter from a dealer in Canada, and am using it now. I'll see if I can come up with a receipt and give you the part numbers. :D

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
ALEX325i said:
Guys, I don't care about MD either... Sorry if my post was somehow misleading. I was complaining about the options available in other countries but not in the US... Heck, we should also get a long list of options here. After all, NA is BMW's largest market, right?
I think that's part of it. The US is such a large market that they can still sell the huge numbers without complicating the process by offering 'choices.' US consumers are used to only having packages and a tiny handful of option choices (heck virtually none with Honda/Acura these days), and US dealers are used to selling cars off the lot with generic option packaging.

I think in most of the rest of the world people order their cars by default, and expect to be able to customize them.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Hey, Vince...

Hey Shinobi, Good to hear from ya!

That shifter is Titanium II. The flash from the camera probably brigthened the trims. But in person, they are darker than matt-chrome and leaves no finger marks. :)

This option is available to US models, just that dealers don't realize it.

You need the p/n for the shifter? or the entire set?

Shinobi said:

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Suede wheel ya! :D It felt better than it looked!

You're right that the car has ASC. MD player and also CD changer in the trunk. Driver does listen to MDs too. :)

nate328Ci said:
Is that the Suede M3 wheel! :yikes:

Wow, an MD player too. Does that car have ASC, rather than DSC?

Looks great, Vince! :thumb:

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
That suede steering wheel is sex.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts