BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the sealants hide or mask minor swirl marks better than others? I have polished untill no marks are visable but after wax and in bright sunlght I still see them. It is almost like the wax magnifies the swirl marks. GH

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Do any of the sealants hide or mask minor swirl marks better than others? I have polished untill no marks are visable but after wax and in bright sunlght I still see them. It is almost like the wax magnifies the swirl marks. GH
GH

The wax is making the swirls more visible..suggestion is to use a glaze, they have filler in them and will mask the swirls, add tons of POP to the paint then top that off with the paste wax

or you can change to a wax that has a filler like Megs NTX

The glaze that I like for filling is Poorboys World Black Hole or White Diamond

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a bottle of NXT today and tried it on my truck. I recently worked it over with XMT 3&1 with a yellow, orange and white pad on the rotory. I was suprised at how easy the many scratches on my 3 year old work truck worked out. Anyway I applied the NXT and don't find the depth and gloss any better or worse than the gold class Megs or XMT 180 but the truck is blue. I'll try it on the red Z this weekend. I am about ready to trade it for a silver one. I should have known red is a pain in the a--. I had a 16 valve Sirrocco (SP) 25 years ago that was red and it was a bear to keep up. Thanks, GH

·
BMW Detailer
269 Posts
a Claybar will get rid of your swirl marks
No, a claybar will remove surface contaminants. In fact, mis-use of a claybar will create scratches! (not constantly folding it to a fresh portion).

Compounding removes swirl marks and scratches. Polishing refines the paint surface after compounding. Wax preserves the work you just performed.

Toto

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.