BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
thats a shame...someone should really put these guys outta business...he had his kids in the car when it happened too...coulda been alot worse...thankfully there havent been any injuries resulting from these rims failing (to my knowledge)....i guess they'll do something once its too late:thumbdwn:

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
upon doing some research i came across this PDF. it states the number of customers that had their rims fail, and what sevas did about it... it also states where the models were manufactured and how many were sold etc etc...

get a cup of coffee its a long read

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
upon doing some research i came across this PDF. it states the number of customers that had their rims fail, and what sevas did about it... it also states where the models were manufactured and how many were sold etc etc...

get a cup of coffee its a long read
where's the PDF?

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
where's the PDF?
the PDF is to big to post so here are the instrucions to find everything

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/defects/defectsearch.cfm

go to nhtsa action number type in EA08003

it should bring up a thing about sevas.... then go to the very bottom and u will see "document search"... click on that... in there, you will see the response sevas sent to nhtsa... it shows how many ppl had problems and where the rims are made etc etc in high detail

·
bmw addiction
7,153 Posts
here are some that worked. there are 2 other PDF's that are to big to post and they have high res pics of the broken rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I see Harjot Hundal is in there with a claim. Funny how the documents marked "Confidential" are all over that PDF. Also, someones credit card number and expiration date are on a receipt as well. I cant believe with just our forum how many issues there have been with sevas. Glad when I had my 22's I had GFG's! I had bends galore on the inside but never leaked until my ill fated day with road construction. Blew both fronts out. It was nice that I just happened to have all 4 stock wheels in my car because I was selling it that day and after work I was to swap them out!

·
Sleek Sam
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are many companies that are having the multi-piece wheels built at the same places. I have the Sevas forged sitting at the shop that came off of the G37. The barrels don't look like any I have seen in person before. Either they actually build there own barrels, or are out sourcing to some china barrels, or a new company.

Am I impressed with what I see, or the build quality of these wheels?:tsk:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
this is scarey stuff ! i'm guna start searching for some pukka 22's next spring and reading threads like this does'nt fill me with confidence !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts