BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing a Juice Box Stage 1 in an e93. It took about an hour, but I was going very slowly to make sure I didn't mess anything up. I'm sure if I went out and did it again right now, it would take 20-25 minutes max.

A couple of comments and suggestions:

• Make sure if you are going to do this install that you view the video as well as read the printed install instructions. A couple of the steps are much clearer watching the video, such as how to remove the ECU cover. I don't think I would have figured out how to release the clips on the front and back from just the written instructions (you have to pop the black clips from below). Some better close up pix in the instructions would be very useful.

• The hardest part was figuring out how to release the sub connector from the DME. Even watching the video on how to do this didn't make it completely clear. You need to get your screw driver (very small screwdriver) wedged in just right, and then toggle it back so that the tip presses in toward the sub connector and pops it out. I probably spent 10 minutes just trying to get this out without mangling the plastic and leaving tell-tale signs that someone had been in there.

• Pulling the DME out from the spaghetti mess of wires in the ECU case was a little tricky. I don't know if the E93 has more wires than an e90, but it sure looked like mine had more than were in the video. Once I moved all of the wire bundles out of the way, I could finally free up the DME.

• Actually making the connections to the JB was a piece of cake. Probably 3-4 minutes max.
I took the car for a quick spin after the install, and initial impressions were good. It certainly isn't like I doubled the horsepower, but it does pull a bit stronger. I couldn't really put it through the paces though, since it's dark out and I didn't want to risk getting pulled over. Hopping on an uphill highway on-ramp, I was able to hit 80 while barely trying, which felt quite a bit stronger than I recall in the past.

I was really just looking for something to balance out the performance loss from having the extra weight of the 'vert, and I think this probably did the trick. I'll have to track down an e90 or e92 335 owner in the area and see if I can run evenly with them.

Terry, thanks for providing a great product - it arrived just a couple of days after I ordered, and I couldn't ask for this at a more reasonable price. The performance/$ ratio here appears to be extremely good. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
pics, dude!

·
Bimmerless
BMW G05 45e/Porsche Macan GTS/Ram 1500 Diesel
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pics, dude!
Pics of what? The car after the JB1 install??? :dunno: It doesn't look much different than it did before....

Or do you mean pix of the install?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Pics of what? The car after the JB1 install??? :dunno: It doesn't look much different than it did before....

Or do you mean pix of the install?
Guess, it means no pics :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts