Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I know there has been several posts regarding extended warranties for M3/M4s, and discussions about whether you need them or not (in fact there are quite a few debates). For me, I have decided to get an extended warranty, and looking at both 3rd party and BMW offerings.

For those of you who decided to move forward with a BMW Extended Warranty, I was curious what you paid, what type (silver, gold, platinum), how many years/mileage, and location.

My goal is to start calling BMW Dealers East to West, and ask BMW Finance to cost for the extended warranty and how low they were willing to go, but I was hoping to find a starting point.

My 2016 M4 warranty will be up next February, and I am hoping to settle on a good warranty before then.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Extended Warranty Pricing

I too would be very interested in any postings. I spent many months trying to track down some pricing and options. What I found was information was very vague in many cases. I also had to actually go to some places to get a copy of the contracts to read the details. BMW even suggested companies other than their own as being a better bargain.

Bottom line of what I found is it seems that many of these companies work very hard trying to deny a claim on some technicality. I rarely found any posts from persons that were happy with the extended warranties.

Since I take extremely good care of my M4 and never beat on it, I decided to go without and just save the money for a repair should any come along. If you think about it, every insurance company takes your money, hopefully pays some claims and still makes money. That means that overall, you are paying over what the average costs of long time repairs will be. That's how I see it anyway.

Good luck.
Glenn

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just picked up a FY18 M3 in December and I got the BMW Platinum extended warranty for $6800, cover for 84 months 100K miles. The regular cost is over $8000 according to the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just picked up a FY18 M3 in December and I got the BMW Platinum extended warranty for $6800, cover for 84 months 100K miles. The regular cost is over $8000 according to the dealer.
Thanks for the information. That gives us at least a reference point ;)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,805 Posts
The regular cost is over $8000 according to the dealer.
lol

sure it is.

Dealers make up these numbers, there is no published BMW MSRP, list or 'regular' price. Sales managers make up sheets with 'list' and 'cost' and stuff like that, so salesmen can pull them out and show you how good a deal you are getting....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts