BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well another saturday and more interior dye taking place

Just thought I'd share my progress with you all. I took my seats out today and dye'd my lower seat trim, upper B-Pillars, and seat backs. I LOVE IT!

I am trying to decide if I should dye the carpet black or not. I am thinking I will just because it is so trashed. But what do you all think?

Attachments

·
Keeping it surreal
43,299 Posts
Well another saturday and more interior dye taking place

Just thought I'd share my progress with you all. I took my seats out today and dye'd my lower seat trim, upper B-Pillars, and seat backs. I LOVE IT!

I am trying to decide if I should dye the carpet black or not. I am thinking I will just because it is so trashed. But what do you all think?
After you finish your restoration, do you mind if I send my wife`s `98 E36 down to Smolck`s Garage for a little TLC ? :)

Your car looks great !

Regards,
Bob

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After you finish your restoration, do you mind if I send my wife`s `98 E36 down to Smolck`s Garage for a little TLC ? :)

Your car looks great !

Regards,
Bob
Send it on down, the garage is always open for a fellow fester! I am having a blast with this project.

·
We want the Lion!
7,771 Posts
Looks great!

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
smolck -
I love it when people are willing to "think out of the box" and do unique customizations. Looks great!

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
smolck -
I love it when people are willing to "think out of the box" and do unique customizations. Looks great!
Thanks Kris. Thanks all of you! It is stressful at best.

The answer to Phoenix's question about carpet is no, I havent found a cheap way to do it. I black dye'd my floor mats and I was suprised on how good it looks (same thing on my B-pillar where the cloth is by the seatbelt adjustment thing (wow, what a technical name). Anyway, this dye I think will look better than my ratted out 146k old tan/dirt colored carpet. So for now, I am probably going to dye it black. Eventually I will replace the carpet when I have some $$ to throw around. But the word for this mod was CHEAP! I have to spend some $$ on things like water pump, expansion tank, and radiator before it really heats up down here (almost 90 today with high humidity!).

I'll let you all know how it holds up over time.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Dude looking good, I love the contrast

·
The Boss of Nobody
3,695 Posts
Love it smolck! The backs of the seats came out really well. What trim do you have?

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love it smolck! The backs of the seats came out really well. What trim do you have?
I think it is "Faux Wood" :rofl: Not sure the "technical name". I am changing it next, I hate it with the black.....

·
The Boss of Nobody
3,695 Posts
I remember seeing someone get it painted piano black which might look good.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I remember seeing someone get it painted piano black which might look good.
Thanks, I was debating solid black or carbon fiber.....:dunno:

You should see the car today! Last night I ripped out the backseats (again) removed the headliner, rear corner trim, rear decklid (that cover's the speakers), the little back vent behind that, and my oh "crap" handles along with various bits of headliner stuff. Then I began the process of black dye on all that. WHy I chose to do it on a Tuesday night (started at 7:30pm) I don't know. Hopefully I will get the headliner back in tonght. Then all that is left is dye'ing the carpet. I debated this move but the old beige carpet covered in stains looks REALLLY BAD against all this fresh black. So I'll dye it for now until I can get some new OEM carpet. Once that is all done I am going to dye my leather pieces saddle brown. Then I will be done! I'm nuts though!!! NOw I HAVE to keep this car forever. Too much time and money invested in just the interior and I haven't even begun the 5 speed conversion yet!:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts