Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
redhot47fla
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, we did it. I guess I'm now an M850i beta tester.

And best I can tell, we got a curiously great deal insofar as most of these around the country are going for sticker or maybe $1,000 or so below sticker.

Let me say first that I am certain that this is an anomaly. And it's one that I cannot fully account for, and I greatly doubt that it will be repeated anywhere, maybe even here in North Florida.

We just signed the papers on an M850i, Alpine over Night Blue/Black Merino, with Driving Assistance Plus/Active Driving Assistant Pro (no longer available on the configurator), Comfort Seating, the M Carbon Roof and the (to me) redundant and not really necessary Anthracite Alcantara Headliner. It has 30 miles on it, about six of which were put on by me.

MSRP, including destination charge: $119,145.

The deal:

- $4,170 off MSRP sticker (3.5 percent)
- $2,000 loyalty credit, tied to accepting BMW financing
- $500 USAA credit (I'm an Army veteran)

Actual cost of car: $112,475, plus tax, tag, "dealers fee," etc.

That was further reduced by a fair-market trade allowance on my 440i (I had done the research). I also got them to tint the windows.

The dealer is Capital Eurocars in Tallahassee. The salesman is Jeremy Christoph.

I'm an OK negotiator, but I'm not THAT good. After the papers were signed, I asked why they were so eager to deal on a one-of-its kind car (in this region) that they may not see again for some time.

They simply said that they work hard to make a deal, especially with a repeat customer such as I am. (This is the fourth BMW we've bought here in about seven years.)

I have to think that something else is going on, but I'll be danged if I can figure out what it might be.

After waiting for tinting and final prep, we pick up The Beast on Thursday.

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
AW III is my favorite color. I've had/have four of them, along with two white Chevy's, two white Nissans, and a white Honda.

Congrat's!

BMW's, large and small, are like Cool Ranch Dorito's... " We'll make more... tomorrow."

https://youtu.be/OCX2H2EgHxY

At ~$120k MSRP, the more they sell the better. The exception to the "We'll make more... tomorrow" rule is the M2. They limit the production of those to push people up to an M3/4. Once you get to the M850i, there's no such thing a "up" from there.

·
redhot47fla
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the congrats. I can’t imagine reaching any higher, auto-wise. I can’t even believe I reached this high. :yikes:

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
I just finished a 1000-miler in my Chevy Cobalt, the anti-BMW. Hey, if I'd known you had the M850i, I could have broken it in for you. I was heading to the land of road salt, ice, +20F temperature, and cramped parking spaces in a big city. So, my 535i stayed home in the garage.

I bet they ordered another one as you were driving off the lot.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Great news! Congrats. I'm honestly very surprised you got any kind of deal, but $4700 off sticker sounds amazing.

Please post more pics and your thoughts on the car after you've had time to get to know you new ride.

·
redhot47fla
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great news! Congrats. I'm honestly very surprised you got any kind of deal, but $4700 off sticker sounds amazing.

Please post more pics and your thoughts on the car after you've had time to get to know you new ride.
Thank you, and I will do that - maybe in about a week, after I get a feel for the drive and figure out all the whiz-bang technology and such.

One thing I didn't know it has but it does - gesture control. Wanna raise the music volume, just circle your finger to the right. Lower it, circle to the left. Change a channel - point either right or left.

Wowsers.

·
Registered
10,674 Posts
Thank you, and I will do that - maybe in about a week, after I get a feel for the drive and figure out all the whiz-bang technology and such.

One thing I didn't know it has but it does - gesture control. Wanna raise the music volume, just circle your finger to the right. Lower it, circle to the left. Change a channel - point either right or left.

Wowsers.
Frau Putzer was gravely disappointed when flipping the middle finger at her iDrive screen didn't automatically turn on the high-beams and blow the horn.

·
redhot47fla
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Frau Putzer was gravely disappointed when flipping the middle finger at her iDrive screen didn't automatically turn on the high-beams and blow the horn.
I bet it gets an entirely different reaction from you, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts