BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a cover for my '02 330ci and would prefer one that's tailored to fit the car specifically. I'd rather spend a few extra bucks than buy one of those generic "small car" covers that they sell at Pep Boys.

Any suggestions? TIA.

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Covercraft Weathershield

Pick up a Covercraft Weathershield from either Griot's Garage or Bavarian Autosport. Pricey, but is an exact fit, and stows much smaller than many other car covers, so it can be thrown in the trunk without taking up much space.

It is cut to fit your car.

Here it is on my 330Ci...

-Al

·
Registered
679 Posts
I run the noah cover found in the accessory catalog of bmw. The dealer had it ready for me on delivery of the car. Its 166 bucks if you belong to the bmwcca :thumbup:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Covercraft Weathershield

alee said:
Pick up a Covercraft Weathershield from either Griot's Garage or Bavarian Autosport. Pricey, but is an exact fit, and stows much smaller than many other car covers, so it can be thrown in the trunk without taking up much space.

It is cut to fit your car.

Here it is on my 330Ci...

-Al
I got a Griot's catalog with my oil extractor and saw a few different "custom" covers that Griot's markets as their own. Are these the same (or as good) as the one you mention, to the best of your knowledge? I live in SoCal, so I'm looking for something that'll protect the car from the sun and airborne dirt & debris, for the most part.

How does the cover you're taking about compare to, say, Groit's Weathershield or Noah covers? I assume that the Griot's Weathershield is the same as the CoverCraft Weathershield cover. Am I correct?

A WEATHERSHIELD™, NON-BULKY FOR PROTECTION FROM ACID RAIN AND INTENSE SUNLIGHT
This is the latest generation of car cover fabrics. Its water-shedding technology is the same breathable fabric used in waterproof hiking outerwear. There is no outside lamination or waterproof coating to wear off. The fabric is spun from polyester and the fibers are fully encapsulated to be waterproof. Water just sheets off. Take it off after a rain storm, give it a quick shake, and the remaining moisture will dry off within minutes. This cover is more compact than other waterproof covers and fits easily into any washer and dryer for cleaning. Enjoy the security of knowing you're fully protected. As with all our car covers, yours will be custom made to fit your car like a glove. This has become my favorite cover.
92414 Weathershield™, Non-Bulky Cover From $259.00 and up

NOAH® COVERS FOR ALL-WEATHER PROTECTION
All the protective benefits of Evolution® with one third less weight and bulk! Ideal for long term outdoor use, rainy areas or inconsistent weather patterns. Can't run outside and pull off your cover when it gets wet? With NOAH™, you can leave it on day after day. Breathes to allow evaporation of trapped water or condensation.
92430 NOAH™ Car Cover in Gray From $185.00 and up

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rufus330Ci said:
I run the noah cover found in the accessory catalog of bmw. The dealer had it ready for me on delivery of the car. Its 166 bucks if you belong to the bmwcca :thumbup:
I've heard the you can get deals on BMW products if you belong to BMWCCA. Where can I get more info on BMWCCA? How do I join?

·
Premium Member
11,052 Posts
Re: Re: Covercraft Weathershield

Damon said:
How does the cover you're taking about compare to, say, Groit's Weathershield or Noah covers? I assume that the Griot's Weathershield is the same as the CoverCraft Weathershield cover. Am I correct?
They're exactly the same. Covercraft makes them, Griot's resells them. Both Noah and Weathershield are Covercraft brands.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Re: Re: Covercraft Weathershield

alee said:

They're exactly the same. Covercraft makes them, Griot's resells them. Both Noah and Weathershield are Covercraft brands.
:thumbup: Thanks for the info. I'll prolly order it tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts