BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GT1/ProgMan/DIS/SSS and I would like to change a few things on my e39 528i

1.) Window/Sunroof close with Key FOB
2.) Disable Light Control Module Bulb Check

Any instructions/guides on how to do this? I know very little about these BMW programs. I have setup a succussful link between the Programs and my car - have played around with viewing sensor info, reading codes, etc... but would like to know how to code certain things.

Once I figure it out, I will be willing help fellow e39-ers locally, I am on the Space Coast in FL :thumbup:

Thanks.

· Registered
337 Posts
When you hold the lock button on the Key Fob, it should close the windows and sunroof. Isn't this feature build in already? And hold the unlock bottom it will unlock the doors and open all the windows and sunroof.

Kind of a cool features...for me that's about it as it react kind of slow.

· Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you hold the lock button on the Key Fob, it should close the windows and sunroof. Isn't this feature build in already? And hold the unlock bottom it will unlock the doors and open all the windows and sunroof.

The windows/sunroof open with the FOB, but won't close. Have to put the key in the hole and turn/hold to close windows/sunroof.

The remote close feature was disabled for BMWs slated for the USA :thumbdwn:

· Search, Read, THEN Ask
3,271 Posts

Yes. It's typically set active when you buy the car new but someone could've changed the settings along the way if you are not original owner.

· Registered
2003 530i
2,292 Posts
I have a GT1/ProgMan/DIS/SSS and I would like to change a few things on my e39 528i

1.) Window/Sunroof close with Key FOB
2.) Disable Light Control Module Bulb Check

Any instructions/guides on how to do this? I know very little about these BMW programs. I have setup a succussful link between the Programs and my car - have played around with viewing sensor info, reading codes, etc... but would like to know how to code certain things.

Once I figure it out, I will be willing help fellow e39-ers locally, I am on the Space Coast in FL :thumbup:

Thanks.
By all reports, North American versions of BMW software will not enable Comfort Close (close windows) by the remote; the function has been disabled in the software. However, Comfort Close via remote can be enabled by coding with NCS Expert. I'm certain of this because I've done it. :D

First, familiarize yourself with NCS Expert, which is usually part of the EDIABAS/INPA package, which I assume you have with DIS, etc working. This link is the very best place to start.
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1553779

I highly recommend the standalone program, NCS Dummy described in the link. The documentation describes the why and how of NCS Expert functions. The program provides assistance with translations with the German parameters and options.

Here are detailed instructions on enabling Comfort Close via the remote.
http://superiorvehiclerepair.com/how-to-enable-window-up-via-remot-work-in-all-bmw-series.html
And another link describing some different methods
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517538

Once you're familiar with NCS Dummy, disabling light checks in the LCM will become obvious and easy.
I'm curious though why you wish to do this. I'd much rather have the car tell me I have a bulb inop and get it corrected, than wait for someone who drives a car with gumball lights on the roof to pull me to the roadside for some "counselling."

· Search, Read, THEN Ask
3,271 Posts
If you happen to have a spare moment, that would be awesome if you could dig that up. :bigpimp:
I fired it up but not near the car so, can't really go all the way into programming sub-menus without connecting to the car with ignition on for it to pass Identification first.

If I recall correctly, it is under Coding/Programming right side menu

then 2 Key memory or 1 Car Memory.

Check those sub-menus for Windows/Sunroof options.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.