BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anybody has confirmed their ship yet. I'm not obsessing about it..I swear :)
Don't care enough to call Baltimore but if somebody has some good info i'm all ears.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On patriot

I dropped off at Harms on July 13 and found out I'm in Terminal and booked on the Patriot. Whatever that means!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I dropped off at Harms on July 13 and found out I'm in Terminal and booked on the Patriot. Whatever that means!
I see your locate is O'Fallon. Is that a West Coast location or is it the Missouri or Illinois O'Fallon? My drop off at Harms Munich was 2 am on 7/15 so curious if I'm in or on the same boat as you for a ship headed to Port Heume. Probably saw your car there at Harms even though it was dark at 2 a.m. since I assume the next car carrier headed to Bremerhaven would have shown up on Monday morning the 16th. By the way is the Patriot a K line or W line ship? If the later it should be easy to track.

By the way, what color E93 did you pickup on the 5th? I have a nice shot of a Space Gray 335i E93 that was pulling away from the ED Center with license plate M 2215Z that I can email you if that is you. Also have a blurred shot of an E93 Platinum Bronze as it was pulling out of the delivery center later in the morning. In looking at the Space Gray 335i E93 shot I see the face of a small girl pressed against the rear left window just to the side of the Hof-whatever it is called Kink. Looks like we just missed you as we were still awaiting our delivery as you left. Nice car and my impression as you drove out was what a stunning look the Space Gray was in an E93 Convertible. Hadn't seen my Titanium Silver E93 yet and hoped it would look at least as good. Did you make it on to Venice as planned? Our itinerary also included the castles near Fussen, Venice and Salzburg which as I recall were places you planned to include.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I dropped off on July 9 in Munich and am on the Freedom ship due in on July 30 to the United States port. I am now wondering how long it will be and if it is possible to track the car once it is in the port. I would estimate 2 to 3 weeks before it arrives at my local dealer from the date it hits the shore, but honestly don't know.

If anyone knows how to track the cars off the Freedom, let me know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Booked on the Lyra Leader Due in Port on Aug 13th

Hi Craigito, I dropped off on late July 9th 4:30pm . My car is booked on the Lyra Leader as I expect yours is too. We are both heading toward Port Hueneme. Ship left Bremerhaven on July 20th.
Eddie

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Hi Craigito, I dropped off on late July 9th 4:30pm . My car is booked on the Lyra Leader as I expect yours is too. We are both heading toward Port Hueneme. Ship left Bremerhaven on July 20th.
Eddie
Maybe I got lucky and am on the same boat. Ironically the Lyra Leader was the ship my last ED came home on if I recall correctly even though it was a MB.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Eddie
Thanks! I checked w/Harms before I saw this post. I'm on there with you:thumbup:

I didn't get a chance to meet you or Northcar on pickup day. I was the last delivery of the day since my plane came in at 2:30. The good thing was there was no wait :)
Hope you had as much fun as I did.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh..and an August 14 estimated arrival date. Not too shabby. Only slightly over a month from my drop off date. I wonder how close their arrival estimates are? I knew I should never have asked about my ship. No comes the obsessing.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Eddie
Just confirmed that my car left at Munich Harms on the 15th of July just left port today from Bremerhaven (July 24) and is due to arrive at Port Hueneme on August 18th. It is appaently on a sister NYK ship Centaurus Leader. Schedule and routing must be similar since the time between date of departure and estimated arrival are within a day of each other.

http://www.carcarrier.de/html/centaurus_leader.html

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
That is it! I found a link with a photo of the Centaurs Leader. Must be a tight fit into the Panama Canal. Note though it is Panama flagged so maybe that gets it priority in the que?:) The Lyra lands on Monday and the Centaurus on Saturday of same week. Interestingly most of these NYK ships go to San Diego first, then to Long Beach where they dump their Mercedes cargo, and then finally to Port Hueneme. They must stash the BMW's deep in the hold and assume they are first on in Bremerhavon and last off in California. Interestingly these car carrier ships then seem to head on to Japan. From Japan I wonder if they head back to Europe through the Suez Canal loaded with Hondas, Toyotas, etc? Maybe they pick up the scrap metal from Tijuana whilst in San Diego to supply the Japanese auto makers?

http://www.carcarrier.de/html/centaurus_leader.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts