BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to pull the trigger on a 2011 328i. It's not my first, second or third color choice, but it's got most of the options I'm looking for.

I'm wondering if I should just wait a couple of months for the new 2012, but don't know if I won't get a deal if it's considerably more.

I've gotten some good advice on how to get a deal, but don't know how willing dealers will be with a brand new model release.

Anyone know if the 2012s will be considerably higher? Will dealers still be open to negotiating on a lease in the first month of its release?

I'm clearly a noob, I know... First BMW, first lease, first time buying a car by myself. :eek: :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not sure what the difference between the leases would be, I'll let someone else tackle that one....

If you go 2011 -- On taking a color you don't want, with "most" of the options you want -- why? There are lots of 2011's out there, maybe you can find your exact spec. Flights are cheap, go get what you want and drive it home. Lots of sponsor dealers on here with inventory who would love your business, and cut you a great deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i probably should have asked if the following:

1) will the residual will drop for the 2012s? right now the 2011s are at 60% for 36 mos.
2) one of the car magazines is saying the 2012s will start at $35,100. is that MSRP? what did the 2011s start at?

it seems as though the southern california dealers don't have much more than black and white with the options i want. guess i waited to long to get my poop in a group...

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,590 Posts
i probably should have asked if the following:

1) will the residual will drop for the 2012s? right now the 2011s are at 60% for 36 mos.
2) one of the car magazines is saying the 2012s will start at $35,100. is that MSRP? what did the 2011s start at?

it seems as though the southern california dealers don't have much more than black and white with the options i want. guess i waited to long to get my poop in a group...
Typically when a 3 is launched they (BMW) pitch a value story, lease payments at launch that are comparable to the outgoing model.
Usually, an all-new 3 boasts a strong residual from ALG, relative to other models since it is BMWs bread and butter car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.