BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any history on the 02 M Coupe for sale at Autobahn West in El Cajon, CA? Looks like the prior owner put in a 6 speed transmission.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I the know the guys at Autobahn are outstanding... I would have no reservations about buying a car from them.

·
Marine Fish Wrangler
198 Posts
He's usually on the 6 series forum these days.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Yes, it is Bob's old car.

As Pat said, the guys at Autobahn (Dan and Tim) are great.

I bought my 2002 M5 from them several months ago.

·
Old Timer
751 Posts
yep, thats bob's old car. I drove it before he sold it for a cheaply 30k. Shoulda bought it myself as it seems like they uglied the heck out of it and probably tracked the car to death. before anyone says I'm slamming Tim and Dan at autobahnwest, my father bought his 7 from them a few months back. I just want the next owner to know what they are getting.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
JT///M3 said:
yep, thats bob's old car. I drove it before he sold it for a cheaply 30k. Shoulda bought it myself as it seems like they uglied the heck out of it and probably tracked the car to death. before anyone says I'm slamming Tim and Dan at autobahnwest, my father bought his 7 from them a few months back. I just want the next owner to know what they are getting.
What constitues "tracking a car to death"? What would you call Pat Avakian's car, then?

·
Old Timer
751 Posts
Ok, lets look at it this way:

open custom exhaust, ugly rear spoiler, +7k miles more than when they bought it from bob in about 4 months time = something doesn't add up.

AND, I spoke to Tim in regards to that car and he TOLD me he was going to TRACK IT. Heard it from the horses mouth

peace out *****

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
JT///M3 said:
Ok, lets look at it this way:

open custom exhaust, ugly rear spoiler, +7k miles more than when they bought it from bob in about 4 months time = something doesn't add up.

AND, I spoke to Tim in regards to that car and he TOLD me he was going to TRACK IT. Heard it from the horses mouth

peace out *****
I know it was tracked. I was on track WITH IT at Buttonwillow, I believe. I'm not saying it hasn't been on the track, but you seem to think that putting a car on the track at all constitutes "tracking it to death"?

·
Old Timer
751 Posts
I've seen Tim drive his M5. Thats beating down on your ****. You wanna let him drive your cars like that?

·
Registered
184 Posts
JT///M3 said:
I've seen Tim drive his M5. Thats beating down on your ****. You wanna let him drive your cars like that?
I've never seen Tim drive, but that's the best counterpoint I've heard in long time :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
robrez said:
I've never seen Tim drive, but that's the best counterpoint I've heard in long time :thumbup:
Not much of a counterpoint. I wouldn't expect someone to drive like a grandma on a racetrack.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ben Carufel said:
Not much of a counterpoint. I wouldn't expect someone to drive like a grandma on a racetrack.
Well, I thought it was good point since we all know how meticulous you are about your car, but I guess you're a little too froggy these days to see the humor in it. Anyway the real issue is, the OP asked if anyone had info. on the car. Dude gave up what info. he had. If I was buying the car, I'd want to hear everything people had to say, and in the end, it'd be up to me to decide fact from fiction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What do you mean Open exhust?
The photos look like a stock one.
I hate that stupid spolier Too! Why would thay do that?
do thay have to drill holes for that?
Are you sure about all the miles You cant track a car in that short a time and put 7k on it.
maybe if driven to events 2k.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ben Carufel said:
What constitues "tracking a car to death"? What would you call Pat Avakian's car, then?
Pat's car kicks ass. He has every single mod that I eventually want to do to my car (Whalen, Momo wheel, re-done suspension, magnaflows, etc...).

Too bad he put the car into a wall. : (

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
wyiel said:
Pat's car kicks ass. He has every single mod that I eventually want to do to my car (Whalen, Momo wheel, re-done suspension, magnaflows, etc...).

Too bad he put the car into a wall. : (
What, Pat did? When?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
PSB said:
I dont see all the mile abd ex you guys talked about.
Any info????
Look, I've gotta be honest; I have no idea what you're trying to say.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts