BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

May be purchasing an '07 535xiT with 14k, equipped with Goodyear run flats. Are these run flats as poor as the others BMW uses? If so, I'm thinking of changing to standard tires.

My current car is an '02 Volvo V70 T5. I think I'm the only one out there who disliked the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S - couldn't stand them from day 1. I replaced them with Yokohama Avid H4S, and am really enjoying these tires.

So are the W4S receiving good early reviews/marks? Would they be a good match for this car, or would H4S be sufficient? Don't think I'll be going over 100 mph very often...

Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, the W4s has been getting good feedback for smooth and quiet ride and good wear. If you're willing to give up some handling and grip for longer life and a softer, quieter ride this would be a good choice. The H4s would be an even greater step down in steering response and grip.

Tires http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AB2&url=/tires/index.jsp
Thanks, Gary. I must admit I do like a quiet tire. What is the difference between the Avid and the AVAN?

For the 535xiT wagon, what other tires do you like? I recognize you probably like the Bridgestone & Michelins, but boy, those are pricey.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks, Gary. I must admit I do like a quiet tire. For the 535xiT wagon, what other tires do you like? I recognize you probably like the Bridgestone & Michelins, but boy, those are pricey.
Without going up in price the W4S seems to meet your needs the best. If you're willing to giveup some ride quality for better handling and grip I like the Goodyear F1 A/S.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without going up in price the W4S seems to meet your needs the best. If you're willing to giveup some ride quality for better handling and grip I like the Goodyear F1 A/S.
OK, dealer is mounting the Goodyear F1 A/S - hope I love 'em ;-).

Many thanks.

·
Abuser of everything
Audi S5 SB 2019
3,525 Posts
This was a tie-breaker for me between the W4S and Continental ContiExtremeContact; minimal road noise as reported by so many reviews.

Bought them from Tirerack along with a set of Eibach Spring. You need to improved your wheels replicas offers, though.

Kudo to you for handling Canadian customs at a reasonable fee :thumbup:, to the contrary of UPS when they deal with me; they always seems to overcharge.

About the W4s, it doesn't seem to be a popular tire, although it gets high praises... any reason? Difference between W4s and V4s?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The W4s is fairly new which is much of the reason there is not a lot of survey results on the tire as of yet. The V4s would be a bit softer riding with slower turn-in/steering response.

·
"...tear down this wall."
517 Posts
Any impressions? I'm trying to decide between the W4S and the V4S.

·
"...tear down this wall."
517 Posts
Anyone?

A friend is recommending the "General Exclaim UHP" (summer tire) which is quite cheap, good traction dry/wet and some reports of decent snow traction (though we hardly get any snow here). What worries me is the disclaimer on the UHP to not use the tire below 50 degrees.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hi,

May be purchasing an '07 535xiT with 14k, equipped with Goodyear run flats. Are these run flats as poor as the others BMW uses? If so, I'm thinking of changing to standard tires.

My current car is an '02 Volvo V70 T5. I think I'm the only one out there who disliked the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S - couldn't stand them from day 1. I replaced them with Yokohama Avid H4S, and am really enjoying these tires.

So are the W4S receiving good early reviews/marks? Would they be a good match for this car, or would H4S be sufficient? Don't think I'll be going over 100 mph very often...

Thanks.
Why did you hate the Pirelli PZero Nero M+S?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts