Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ole ladies 2012 F30 335i is pretty much stock interior so I searched about on YouTube for some interior mods. The best one I've found so far is a $62 plastic pieces that reflect the light from the interior lighting package lighting on the doors to enhance it to were it is much more visible.

The most common mods I have seen is replacing the start button with a red button. This isn't really a big deal and fine with the current color. The other common one I've seen in the videos is carbon fiber EVERYTHING. It seems that every other sub 25 year old BMW Youtuber wants carbon fiber or carbon fiber stickers for every interior trim piece, side mirrors, etc.

This does not interest me anymore than zebra or tiger print trim pieces. I understand that real carbon fiber is great for weight reduction under certain circumstances, I just don't find it visually interesting for interior pieces that have no such function.

The other mod that I'm looking at is a rubber cupliner that has a color outline such as blue or red lines but haven't found any made to fit BMW cupholder.

Does anyone have any suggestions or other interesting mods worth considering?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Alcantara M Performance steering wheel. It feels very comfy and sure in the hands, and one that you interact with most in your car :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got heavy aftermarket rubberized mats already and good speakers. The steering wheel might be nice but she has the modern line which has a tan steering wheel to match the rest of the tan interior.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the information John!
Just installed the wheel recently, very pleased but haven't got to the maintenance stage yet :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
The speakers (especially with Hifi option) are very good. Invest in a better amp. Either a cheap 6 channel or a true center 7 channel (expensive, but I have it and it's day and night difference).

Agreed on the mats. Maybe a CarPlay module if you don't have it and don't have navigation. They go for about $250.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought the plastic inserts from eBay and they were ok, they were 3D printed and snug but in the last few weeks the driver's side one has fallen out at some point so is now missing. I have seen you can buy whole replacement units now though.

Other mods I have made is the silver framing around the light switches which is cool and the lci black/backlit radio/heater surround...both off Amazon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts