BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am attempting to install the G30 Fog Light Bars on my f10. The air ducts are coming in the way of the (substantially deep) light bar. Is there any negative impact if I remove the air ducts from both sides? Alternatively I could cut them (as marked in red below) so the behind of the light bar slides in but will require some man hours.

Has anyone removed them? Is it possible to remove them without removing the bumper first?

Pics of the referenced air ducts attached below.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
I haven’t done that conversion yet but have done tons of upgrades and retrofitting newer stuff on BMWs. I have been doing it for 30 years. I would cut it out where it’s marked. That’s a better option than removing them. Hope this helps. Good luck .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t done that conversion yet but have done tons of upgrades and retrofitting newer stuff on BMWs. I have been doing it for 30 years. I would cut it out where it’s marked. That’s a better option than removing them. Hope this helps. Good luck .

Okay - makes sense though sticking the dremel in there is going to be a major PITA. Is there any easy way to remove these for cutting? I will also have to cut the thread connecting upper/lower parts of the bumper in between the two ducts...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would use tin snips to cut horizontal and the dremel for the vertical cuts should be easy to cut on the car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Do you see the radiators behind the ducts? The ducts serve a very valuable service to provide air to the radiators to cool whatever the radiators cool. I believe one may be the oil cooler and am not sure about the other. Looks like you would be blocking at least 2/3 of the airflow to those radiators.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you see the radiators behind the ducts? The ducts serve a very valuable service to provide air to the radiators to cool whatever the radiators cool. I believe one may be the oil cooler and am not sure about the other.
Right! I did consider it and thus the question... although, removing the duct would still let the air get to the radiator but just not as focused, but you are right - I will try to cut the duct as marked above. Hopefully the fog light bar will not block too much air inflow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts